Informed trading and the 'leakage' of information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Admati, Anat R & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1988. "Selling and Trading on Information in Financial Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 96-103, May.
- Hellwig, Martin F., 1982.
"Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: A mean-variance example,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 279-312, April.
- HELLWIG, Martin F., 1982. "Rational expectations equilibrium with conditioning on past prices: a mean-variance example," CORE Discussion Papers RP 480, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Madhavan, Ananth, 2000. "Market microstructure: A survey," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-258, August.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl, 1990. "Liquid markets and competition," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 362-377, December.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Milgrom, Paul R, 1981. "Rational Expectations, Information Acquisition, and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 921-943, June.
- Spiegel, Matthew & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1992. "Informed Speculation and Hedging in a Noncompetitive Securities Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(2), pages 307-329.
- Hellwig, Martin F., 1980. "On the aggregation of information in competitive markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 477-498, June.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Jackson, Matthew O, 1991. "Equilibrium, Price Formation, and the Value of Private Information," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 1-16.
- Chan, Louis K C & Lakonishok, Josef, 1995. " The Behavior of Stock Prices around Institutional Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1147-1174, September.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Albert S. Kyle, 1989. "Informed Speculation with Imperfect Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 317-355.
- Goenka, Aditya & Kelly, David L. & Spear, Stephen E., 1998. "Endogenous Strategic Business Cycles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 97-125, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher F Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2004.
"The second moments matter: The response of bank lending behavior to macroeconomic uncertainty,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2004
172, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christopher F Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2005. "The second moments matter: The response of bank lending behaviour to macroeconomic uncertainty," Working Papers 2005_27, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Neslihan Ozkan, 2004. "The second moments matter: The response of bank lending behavior to macroeconomic uncertainty," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/13, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Dmitry Levando, 2012. "A Survey Of Strategic Market Games," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 57(194), pages 63-106, July - Se.
- Dev, Pritha, 2013. "Transfer of information by an informed trader," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 58-71.
- Zhou, Deqing, 2016. "Public disclosure, information leakage, and strategic trading," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 46-50.
- Peck, James & Spear, Stephen E., 2003. "Introduction to a Festschrift for Karl Shell," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 153-155, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:109:y:2003:i:2:p:360-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.