North–south trade in reusable goods: Green design meets illegal shipments of waste
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- van Beukering, Pieter J. H. & Bouman, Mathijs N., 2001. "Empirical Evidence on Recycling and Trade of Paper and Lead in Developed and Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1717-1737, October.
- Fullerton, Don & Wu, Wenbo, 1998. "Policies for Green Design," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 131-148, September.
- Walls, Margaret, 2006. "Extended Producer Responsibility and Product Design: Economic Theory and Selected Case Studies," Discussion Papers dp-06-08, Resources For the Future.
- Fleckinger, Pierre & Glachant, Matthieu, 2010.
"The organization of extended producer responsibility in waste policy with product differentiation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 57-66, January.
- Pierre Fleckinger & Matthieu Glachant, 2010. "The organization of extended producer responsibility in waste policy with product differentiation," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00446819, HAL.
- Hiroaki Ino, 2007. "Extended producer responsibility in oligopoly," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(6), pages 1-9.
- Bond, Eric W, 1983. "Trade in Used Equipment with Heterogeneous Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 688-705, August.
- Thomas Kinnaman & Hide-Fumi Yokoo, 2011. "The Environmental Consequences of Global Reuse," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 71-76, May.
- Marco Runkel, 2003. "Product Durability and Extended Producer Responsibility in Solid Waste Management," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(2), pages 161-182, February.
- Eichner, Thomas & Pethig, Rudiger, 2001.
"Product Design and Efficient Management of Recycling and Waste Treatment,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 109-134, January.
- Thomas Eichner & Rüdiger Pethig, 1999. "Product Design and efficient Management of Recycling and Waste Treatment," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 76-99, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Clerides, Sofronis, 2008. "Gains from trade in used goods: Evidence from automobiles," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 322-336, December.
- Thomas Eichner & Marco Runkel, 2005. "Efficient Policies for Green Design in a Vintage Durable Good Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(3), pages 259-278, March.
- Copeland, Brian R., 1991. "International trade in waste products in the presence of illegal disposal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 143-162, March.
- Kellenberg, Derek, 2012. "Trading wastes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 68-87.
- Jen Baggs, 2009. "International Trade in Hazardous Waste," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 1-16, February.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00446819 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garth Frazer, 2008. "Used-Clothing Donations and Apparel Production in Africa," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(532), pages 1764-1784, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prudence Dato, 2015. "Economic analysis of e-waste market under imperfect information," Working Papers halshs-01172148, HAL.
- Núñez-Rocha, Thaís & Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2018. "Are international environmental policies effective? The case of the Rotterdam and the Stockholm Conventions," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 333, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:ieaple:v:17:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10784-017-9350-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsWaste; Second-hand products; Environmental regulations; Extended producer responsibility; Trade; Green design; Illegal market; WEEE;
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:69:y:2015:i:c:p:22-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .