Valuing restricted stock grants to non-executive employees
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Lambert, Richard A. & Larcker, David F., 2003. "The structure and performance consequences of equity grants to employees of new economy firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 89-127, January.
- Pinto, Helena & Widdicks, Martin, 2014. "Do compensation plans with performance targets provide better incentives?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 662-694.
- Hall, Brian J. & Murphy, Kevin J., 2002. "Stock options for undiversified executives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-42, February.
- Menachem Brenner, 2001.
"The Price of Options Illiquidity,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 789-805, April.
- Menachem Brenner & Rafi Eldor & Shmuel Hauser, 1999. "The Price of Options Illiquidity," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-086, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott, 2005.
"Why do some firms give stock options to all employees?: An empirical examination of alternative theories,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 99-133, April.
- Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott, 2004. "Why Do Some Firms Give Stock Options To All Employees?: An Empirical Examination of Alternative Theories," Research Papers 1772r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2004. "Why Do Some Firms Give Stock Options to All Employees?: An Empirical Examination of Alternative Theories," NBER Working Papers 10222, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Longstaff, Francis A, 1995. " How Much Can Marketability Affect Security Values?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1767-1774, December.
- Maug, Ernst & Dittmann, Ingolf, 2007.
"Lower salaries and no options : the optimal structure of executive pay
[Lower salaries and no options? On the optimal structure of executive pay]," Papers 07-41, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Maug, Ernst & Dittmann, Ingolf, 2007. "Lower Salaries and No Options: The Optimal Structure of Executive Pay," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 07-41, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Kahl, Matthias & Liu, Jun & Longstaff, Francis A., 2003.
"Paper millionaires: how valuable is stock to a stockholder who is restricted from selling it?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 385-410, March.
- Kahl, Matthias & Liu, Jun & Longstaff, Francis A, 2001. "Paper Millionaires: How Valuable is Stock to a Stockholder Who is Restricted from Selling it?," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt8b3853z9, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Matthias Kahl & Jun Liu & Francis A. Longstaff, 2002. "Paper millionaires: How valuable is stock to a stockholder who is restricted from selling it?," NBER Working Papers 8969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carr Bettis & John Bizjak & Jeffrey Coles & Swaminathan Kalpathy, 2010. "Stock and Option Grants with Performance-based Vesting Provisions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(10), pages 3849-3888, October.
- Benninga, Simon & Helmantel, Mark & Sarig, Oded, 2005. "The timing of initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 115-132, January.
- Bergman, Nittai K. & Jenter, Dirk, 2007. "Employee sentiment and stock option compensation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 667-712, June.
- Abudy, Menachem & Benninga, Simon, 2013. "Non-marketability and the value of employee stock options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5500-5510.
- James H. Irving & Wayne R. Landsman & Bradley P. Lindsey, 2011. "The Valuation Differences Between Stock Option and Restricted Stock Grants for US Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3-4), pages 395-412, April.
- Ingolf Dittmann & Ernst Maug, 2007. "Lower Salaries and No Options? On the Optimal Structure of Executive Pay," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 303-343, February.
- Lawrence D. Brown & Yen-Jung Lee, 2011. "Changes in Option-Based Compensation Around the Issuance of SFAS 123R," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(9-10), pages 1053-1095, November.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Robert Brooks & Don M. Chance & Brandon Cline, 2012. "Private Information and the Exercise of Executive Stock Options," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 733-764, September.
- Hayes, Rachel M. & Lemmon, Michael & Qiu, Mingming, 2012. "Stock options and managerial incentives for risk taking: Evidence from FAS 123R," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 174-190.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-marketability discount; Restricted stocks compensation;
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:86:y:2016:i:c:p:33-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.