How much should we trust life satisfaction data? Evidence from the Life in Transition Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Sanfey & Utku Teksoz, 2007. "Does transition make you happy?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 15, pages 707-731, October.
- Krueger, Alan B. & Schkade, David A., 2008.
"The reliability of subjective well-being measures,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(8-9), pages 1833-1845, August.
- Alan B. Krueger & David A. Schkade, 2007. "The Reliability of Subjective Well-Being Measures," Working Papers 64, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Krueger, Alan B. & Schkade, David A., 2007. "The Reliability of Subjective Well-Being Measures," IZA Discussion Papers 2724, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alan B. Krueger & David A. Schkade, 2007. "The Reliability of Subjective Well-Being Measures," NBER Working Papers 13027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009.
"(Un)happiness in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 143-168, Spring.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Working Papers w0111, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Guriev, Sergei & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2009. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 7258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7fst0pcf5j8, Sciences Po.
- Ori Heffetz & Matthew Rabin, 2013. "Conclusions Regarding Cross-Group Differences in Happiness Depend on Difficulty of Reaching Respondents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(7), pages 3001-3021, December.
- Gabriella Conti & Stephen Pudney, 2011. "Survey Design and the Analysis of Satisfaction," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 1087-1093, August.
- Senik, Claudia, 2009.
"Direct evidence on income comparisons and their welfare effects,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 408-424, October.
- Senik, Claudia, 2007. "Direct Evidence on Income Comparisons and their Welfare Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 3195, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Claudia Senik, 2008. "Direct evidence on income comparisons and their welfare effects," PSE Working Papers halshs-00588023, HAL.
- Cojocaru, Alexandru, 2014. "Fairness and inequality tolerance: Evidence from the Life in Transition Survey," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 590-608.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Marika Dimitriadou & Paul Dolan, 2014. "Measuring happiness: context matters," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 308-311, March.
- Daniel Kahneman & Alan B. Krueger, 2006. "Developments in the Measurement of Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, July.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Paul Dolan & Georgios Kavetsos, 2016.
"Happy Talk: Mode of Administration Effects on Subjective Well-Being,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 1273-1291, June.
- Paul Dolan & Georgios Kavetsos, 2012. "Happy Talk: Mode of Administration Effects on Subjective Well-Being," CEP Discussion Papers dp1159, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dolan, Paul & Kavetsos, Georgios, 2012. "Happy talk: mode of administration effects on subjective well-being," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45273, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dolan, Paul & Kavetsos, Georgios, 2016. "Happy talk: mode of administration effects on subjective well-being," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66915, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Alexandru Cojocaru & Mame Fatou Diagne, 2015. "How reliable and consistent are subjective measures of welfare in Europe and Central Asia?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 23(1), pages 75-103, January.
- Chadi, Adrian, 2013.
"The role of interviewer encounters in panel responses on life satisfaction,"
Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 550-554.
- Adrian Chadi, 2013. "The Role of Interviewer Encounters in Panel Responses on Life Satisfaction," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201311, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Kassenboehmer, Sonja C. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2012. "Heresy or enlightenment? The well-being age U-shape effect is flat," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 235-238.
- Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Can religion insure against aggregate shocks to happiness? The case of transition countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 804-818.
- Olga Popova, 2010. "Can Religion Insure against Aggregate Shocks to Happiness? The Case of Transition Countries," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp425, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- János Kornai, 2006. "The great transformation of Central Eastern Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(2), pages 207-244, April.
- Claudia Senik, 2009. "Direct Evidence on Income Comparisons and their Welfare Effects," Post-Print hal-00696621, HAL.
- Dabalen, Andrew & Paul, Saumik, 2011. "History of events and life-satisfaction in transition countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5526, The World Bank.
- Ed Diener & Ronald Inglehart & Louis Tay, 2013. "Theory and Validity of Life Satisfaction Scales," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 112(3), pages 497-527, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:25-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michal Brzezinski, 2017. "Diagnosing unhappiness dynamics: Evidence from Poland and Russia," Working Papers 2017-27, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms & Hinks, Timothy, 2018. "Former Communist Party Membership and Bribery in the Post-Socialist Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 11594, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Petr Huber & Josef Montag, 2018. "Homeownership, Political Participation, and Social Capital in Post- Communist Countries and Western Europe," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2018-74, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLife satisfaction; Measurement; Transition region;
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:44:y:2016:i:3:p:720-731. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.