Diverging derivatives: Law, governance and modern financial markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2011. "The Economics of Credit Default Swaps," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 235-257, December.
- Franklin R. Edward, 1999. "Hedge Funds and the Collapse of Long-Term Capital Management," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 189-210, Spring.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/263 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1995.
"Banks and Derivatives,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1995, Volume 10, pages 299-349
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, "undated". "Banks and Derivatives," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 06-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1995. "Banks and Derivatives," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-07, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Richard J. Rosen, 1995. "Banks and derivatives," Working Papers 95-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1995. "Banks and Derivatives," NBER Working Papers 5100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, "undated". "Banks and Derivatives," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Tufano, Peter, 1989. "Financial innovation and first-mover advantages," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 213-240, December.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1998. "Derivatives in a Dynamic Environment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 350-370, June.
- René M. Stulz, 2004. "Should We Fear Derivatives?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 173-192, Summer.
- Eli M. Remolona, 1992. "The recent growth of financial derivative markets," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Win, pages 28-43.
- Darrell Duffie, 2010.
"The Failure Mechanics of Dealer Banks,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 51-72, Winter.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995.
"The decline of traditional banking: implications for financial stability and regulatory policy,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 27-45.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "The Decline of Traditional Banking: Implications for Financial Stabilityand Regulatory Policy," NBER Working Papers 4993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorton, Gary B., 2010. "Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199734153.
- Tett, G., 2010. "Silos and silences. Why so few people spotted the problems in complex credit and what that implies for the future," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 14, pages 121-129, July.
- Stephen Cecchetti & Enisse Kharroubi, 2012. "Reassessing the impact of finance on growth," BIS Working Papers 381, Bank for International Settlements.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005. "Has financial development made the world riskier?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 313-369.
- Philippe Jorion, 2010. "Risk Management," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 347-365, December.
- Darrell Duffie, 2012. "Dark Markets: Asset Pricing and Information Transmission in Over-the-Counter Markets," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9623.
- William Lazonick, 2010. "Innovative Business Models and Varieties of Capitalism: Financialization of the U.S. Corporation," Business History Review, Harvard Business School, vol. 84(4), pages 675-702, December.
- Reena Aggarwal & Sandeep Dahiya, 2006. "Demutualization and Public Offerings of Financial Exchanges," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(3), pages 96-106.
- Kroszner, Randall S, 1999. "Can the Financial Markets Privately Regulate Risk? The Development of Derivatives Clearinghouses and Recent Over-the-Counter Innovations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 596-618, August.
- Telser, Lester G, 1981. "Why There Are Organized Futures Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Keith C. Brown & Donald J. Smith, 1993. "Default Risk and Innovations in the Design of Interest Rate Swaps," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(2), Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pistor, Katharina, 2013. "Law in Finance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 311-314.
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:2:y:2014:i:4:p:71-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pistor, Katharina, 2013. "A legal theory of finance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 315-330.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange-traded derivatives; OTC derivatives; Financial regulation;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:41:y:2013:i:2:p:386-400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.