Changes in Economic Regime and Productivity Growth: A Study of Indian Public Sector Banks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Catherine J., 1986.
"Productivity measurement with non-static expectations and varying capacity utilization : An integrated approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 51-74.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "Productivity Measurement with Nonstatic Expectations and Varying Capacity Utilization: An Integrated Approach," NBER Working Papers 1561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Begg, David & Portes, Richard, 1993. "Enterprise debt and financial restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 396-407, April.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Thorne, Alfredo & DEC, 1993. "Eastern Europe's experience with banking reform : is there a role for banks in the transition?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1235, The World Bank.
- A. Bhargava & L. Franzini & W. Narendranathan, 2006. "Serial Correlation and the Fixed Effects Model," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 4, pages 61-77 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Catte, Pietro & Mastropasqua, Cristina, 1993. "Financial structure and reforms in Central and Eastern Europe in the 1980s," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 785-817, September.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Lovell, C. A. K. & Sahay, Pankaj, 1997. "The impact of liberalization on the productive efficiency of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 332-345, April.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1991. "Financial Control in the Transition from Classical Socialism to a Market Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 107-122, Fall.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Steiner, Viktor, 1993.
"Searching for the "Productivity Slowdown": Some Surprising Findings from West German Manufacturing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 57-65, February.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Steiner, Viktor, 1993. "Searching for the \"productivity slowdown’: some surprising findings from West German manufacturing," Munich Reprints in Economics 20364, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Thorne, Alfredo, 1993. "Eastern Europe's experience with banking reform: Is there a role for banks in the transition?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 959-1000, September.
- Dittus Peter, 1994. "Bank Reform and Behavior in Central Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 335-361, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisabetta Fiorentino & Alessio De Vincenzo & Frank Heid & Alexander Karmann & Michael Koetter, 2009.
"The effects of privatization and consolidation on bank productivity: comparative evidence from Italy and Germany,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
722, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Fiorentino, Elisabetta & Vincenzo, Alessio De & Heid, Frank & Karmann, Alexander & Koetter, Michael, 2009. "The effects of privatization and consolidation on bank productivity: comparative evidence from Italy and Germany," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,03, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2012. "Determinants of multinational banks’ subsidiary performance: the host and home country effects," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 130-155, February.
- Syed Fawad Ali Rizvi, 2001. "Post-liberalisation Efficiency and Productivity of the Banking Sector in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(4), pages 605-632.
- Subal kumbhakar & Ana Lozano-Vivas, 2005.
"Deregulation and Productivity: The Case of Spanish Banks,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 331-351, January.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Ana Lozano-Vivas, 2004. "Deregulation and Productivity: The Case of Spanish Banks," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/24, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Sunil Kumar & Rachita Gulati, 2009. "Did efficiency of Indian public sector banks converge with banking reforms?," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 56(1), pages 47-84, March.
- Mostak Ahamed, M., 2017. "Asset quality, non-interest income, and bank profitability: Evidence from Indian banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-14.
- Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2015. "Efficiency dynamics in Indian banking: A conditional directional distance approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 807-818.
- Rudra Sensarma, 2008. "Deregulation, ownership and profit performance of banks: evidence from India," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(19), pages 1581-1595.
- Sanyal, Paroma & Shankar, Rashmi, 2011. "Ownership, competition, and bank productivity: An analysis of Indian banking in the post-reform period," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 225-247, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:25:y:1997:i:2:p:196-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.