Searching for the "Productivity Slowdown": Some Surprising Findings from West German Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Flaig, Gebhard & Steiner, Viktor, 1993. "Searching for the \"productivity slowdown’: some surprising findings from West German manufacturing," Munich Reprints in Economics 20364, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Andrews, Donald W. K. & Fair, Ray C., 1992.
"Estimation of polynomial distributed lags and leads with end point constraints,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 123-139.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Ray C. Fair, 1989. "Estimation of Polynomial Distributed Lags and Leads with End Point Constraints," NBER Technical Working Papers 0079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fair, Ray C, 1993. "Testing the Rational Expectations Hypothesis in Macroeconometric Models," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 169-190, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georg Erber, 1995. "Public Infrastructure, Productivity and Competitiveness: Analysis of Relative Differences and Impacts with Regard to U.S. and German Industries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 115, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bertrand Koebel, 1998.
"Tests of Representative Firm Models: Results for German Manufacturing Industries,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 251-270, November.
- Koebel, Bertrand M., 1996. "Tests of representative firm models: results for German manufacturing industries," ZEW Discussion Papers 96-16, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Guenter Lang, 2008. "Measuring the Returns of Research and Development: An Empirical Study of the German Manufacturing Sector over 45 Years," Working Papers 10, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Keller, Wolfgang, 2000.
"From socialist showcase to Mezzogiorno? Lessons on the role of technical change from East Germany's post-World War II growth performance,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 485-514, December.
- Keller, W., 1996. "From Socialist Chowcase to Mezzogiorno? Lessons on the Role of Technical Change from East Germany's Post-World War II Growth Performance," Working papers 9623, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Wolfgang Keller, 1997. "From Socialist Showcase to Mezzogiorno? Lessons on the Role of Technical Change from East Germany's Post-World War II Growth Performance," Development and Comp Systems 9707002, EconWPA.
- Wolfgang Keller, 1997. "From Socialist Showcase to Mezzogiorno? Lessons on the Role of Technical Change from East Germany's Post-World War II Growth Performance," NBER Working Papers 6079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiyohiko G. Nishimura & Masato Shirai, 2000. "Fixed Costs, Imperfect Competition and Bias in Technology Measurement: Japan and the United States," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-97, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Klaus Weyerstrass & Johannes Jaenicke, 2011. "Is more competition conducive to the macroeconomic performance in the euro area?," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 351-380, July.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1997.
"Globalization and productivity in the United States and Germany,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
595, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Catherine L. Mann, 1997. "Globalization and Productivity in the United States and Germany," Working Paper Series Working Paper Special (1), Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Nerlinger, Eric A. & Berger, Georg, 1995. "Technologieorientierte Industrien und Unternehmen: Alternative Definitionen," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-20, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Louis Amato & Christie Amato, 2001. "The Effects of Global Competition on Total Factor Productivity in U.S. Manufacturing," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(4), pages 405-421, December.
- Andreas Kuhlmann, 2006. "German Productivity - A Reassessment via the New Ifo Productivity Database," ifo Working Paper Series 35, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Kiyohiko G. Nishimura & Kazunori Minetaki & Masato Shirai & Futoshi Kurokawa, 2002. "Effects of Information Technology and Aging Work Force on Labor Demand and Technological Progress in Japanese Industries: 1980-1998," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-145, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Georg Erber, 1994. "Technical Change, Economies of Scale, and Factor Augmentation: Impacts on Relative Differences in Productivity and Price Competitiveness between U.S. and German Industries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 93, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brandt, Nicola, 2007. "Mark-ups, economies of scale and the role of knowledge spillovers in OECD industries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 1708-1732, October.
- Rodriguez, X.A., 1999. "A proposal for decomposing and adjusting the conventional Divisia index for the measure of productivity," Economic Development 41, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Bhattacharyya, Anjana & Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1997. "Changes in Economic Regime and Productivity Growth: A Study of Indian Public Sector Banks," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 196-219, October.
- Lang, Guenter, 2009. "Measuring the returns of R&D--An empirical study of the German manufacturing sector over 45 years," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1438-1445, November.
- Guenter Lang, 2002. "Innovative Slowdown, Productivity Reversal? - Estimating the Impact of R&D on Technological Change," Discussion Paper Series 218, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Buscher, Herbert S. & Felder, Johannes & Steiner, Viktor, 1999. "Regional convergence and economic performance: a case study of the West German Laender," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-10, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Steiner, Viktor & Wagner, Kersten, 1997. "Relative Earnings and the Demand for Unskilled Labor in West German Manufacturing," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-17, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Franz, Wolfgang, 1997. "Flexibilität der qualifikatorischen Lohnstruktur und Lastverteilung der Arbeitslosigkeit: Eine ökonometrische Analyse für Westdeutschland," ZEW Discussion Papers 97-32, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:75:y:1993:i:1:p:57-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .