Measuring the Returns of Research and Development: An Empirical Study of the German Manufacturing Sector over 45 Years
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gebhardt Flaig & Horst Rottmann, 2001.
"Input Demand and the Short- and Long-Run Employment Thresholds: An Empirical Analysis for the German Manufacturing Sector,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(4), pages 367-384, November.
- Gebhard Flaig & Horst Rottmann, 2000. "Input Demand and the Short- and Long-Run Employment Thresholds. An Empirical Analysis for the German Manufacturing Sector," CESifo Working Paper Series 264, CESifo Group Munich.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Rottmann, Horst, 2001. "Input demand and the short and long-run employment thresholds: An empirical analysis for the German manufacturing sector," Munich Reprints in Economics 20372, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- David B. audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann, 2005. "Mansfield's Missing Link: The Impact of Knowledge Spillovers on Firm Growth," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 30(2_2), pages 207-210, January.
- Beise, Marian & Stahl, Harald, 1999.
"Public research and industrial innovations in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 397-422, April.
- Beise, Marian & Stahl, Harald, 1998. "Public research and industrial innovations in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-37, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, March.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Steiner, Viktor, 1993.
"Searching for the "Productivity Slowdown": Some Surprising Findings from West German Manufacturing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 57-65, February.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Steiner, Viktor, 1993. "Searching for the \"productivity slowdown’: some surprising findings from West German manufacturing," Munich Reprints in Economics 20364, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Popp, David C., 2001. "The effect of new technology on energy consumption," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 215-239, July.
- David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2006.
"Do locational spillovers pay? empirical evidence from German IPO data,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 71-81.
- Audretsch, David B & Lehmann, Erik E, 2005. "Do Locational Spillovers Pay? Empirical Evidence from German IPO Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 4949, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995.
"Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; innovation; research; development; technology; productivity slowdown;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2008-05-31 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INO-2008-05-31 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2008-05-31 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2008-05-31 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:guc:wpaper:10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lobna Sameer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmguceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.