The study of emerging industries: Recognizing and responding to some central problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Emin Dinlersoz & Glenn MacDonald, 2009.
"The Industry Life-Cycle of the Size Distribution of Firms,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(4), pages 648-667, October.
- Glenn MacDonald & Emin Dinlersoz, 2005. "The Industry Life-Cycle of the Size Distribution of Firms," Working Papers 05-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Christensen, Clayton M., 1993. "The Rigid Disk Drive Industry: A History of Commercial and Technological Turbulence," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 67(04), pages 531-588, December.
- Van De Ven, H., 1993. "The development of an infrastructure for entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 211-230, May.
- Rao, Hayagreeva, 2004. "Institutional activism in the early American automobile industry," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 359-384, May.
- Geroski, Paul, 2003. "The Evolution of New Markets," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248896.
- Gartner, William B. & Birley, Sue, 2002. "Introduction to the special issue on qualitative methods in entrepreneurship research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 387-395, September.
- von Burg, Urs & Kenney, Martin, 2000. "Venture capital and the birth of the local area networking industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1135-1155, December.
- Gunnar Eliasson, 2000. "Industrial policy, competence blocs and the role of science in economic development," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 217-241.
- Low, Murray B. & Abrahamson, Eric, 1997. "Movements, bandwagons, and clones: Industry evolution and the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 435-457, November.
- Agarwal, Rajshree & Audretsch, David B, 2001. "Does Entry Size Matter? The Impact of the Life Cycle and Technology on Firm Survival," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 21-43, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transa:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Marina Yue, 2016. "Meso-level factors in technological transitions: The development of TD-SCDMA in China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 546-559.
- Feldman, Maryann & Tavassoli, Sam, 2014. "Something New: Where do new industries come from?," Working Papers 2014/02, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- repec:taf:oabmxx:v:3:y:2016:i:1:p:1258135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schultz, Patrick L. & Marin, Alejandra & Boal, Kimberly B., 2014. "The impact of media on the legitimacy of new market categories: The case of broadband internet," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 34-54.
- Ernkvist, Mirko, 2015. "Velocity shifts in the creative economy: incumbent-entrant dynamics in the emergence of Japanese social games," Ratio Working Papers 267, The Ratio Institute.
- Gerasymenko, Violetta & Arthurs, Jonathan D., 2014. "New insights into venture capitalists' activity: IPO and time-to-exit forecast as antecedents of their post-investment involvement," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 405-420.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2016. "Emerging economies, emerging challenges: Mobilising and capturing value from big data," MPRA Paper 85625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Hanson & Markus Steen & Tyson Weaver & Håkon E. Normann & Gard H. Hansen, 2016. "Path creation through branching and transfer of complementary resources: the role of established industries for new renewable energy technologies," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20160310, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2016. "Emerging economies, emerging challenges: Mobilising and capturing value from big data," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 167-174.
- Martin Henning & Erik Stam & Rik Wenting, 2013.
"Path Dependence Research in Regional Economic Development: Cacophony or Knowledge Accumulation?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 1348-1362, September.
- Martin Henning & Erik Stam & Rik Wenting, 2012. "Path dependence research in regional economic development: Cacophony or knowledge accumulation?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1219, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2012.
- Nina Granqvist & Tiina Ritvala, 2016. "Beyond Prototypes: Drivers of Market Categorization in Functional Foods and Nanotechnology," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 210-237, March.
- Jens Hanson, 2017. "Established industries as foundations for emerging technological innovation systems: The case of solar photovoltaics in Norway," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20170531, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Lechevalier, Sébastien & Nishimura, Junichi & Storz, Cornelia, 2014. "Diversity in patterns of industry evolution: How an intrapreneurial regime contributed to the emergence of the service robot industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1716-1729.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustry evolution Research methods Institutional entrepreneurship Business history;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:26:y:2011:i:5:p:589-602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.