Quality shock vs. market shock: Lessons from recently established rapidly growing U.S. startups
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1996. "Technology strategy and new venture performance: A study of corporate-sponsored and independent biotechnology ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 289-321, July.
- Agarwal, Rajshree & Gort, Michael, 1996. "The Evolution of Markets and Entry, Exit and Survival of Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 489-498, August.
- Vojislav Maksimovic & Gordon Phillips, 2002. "Do Conglomerate Firms Allocate Resources Inefficiently Across Industries? Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 721-767, April.
- Steffen Huck & Kai A. Konrad & Wieland Müller, 2004.
"Profitable Horizontal Mergers without Cost Advantages: The Role of Internal Organization, Information and Market Structure,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(284), pages 575-587, November.
- Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Müller, Wieland, 2001. "Profitable horizontal mergers without cost advantages: The role of internal organization, information, and market structure," Discussion Papers, various Research Units FS IV 01-05, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Steffen Huck & Kai A. Konrad & Wieland Müller, 2001. "Profitable Horizontal Mergers without Cost Advantages: The Role of Internal Organization, Information, and Market Structure," CESifo Working Paper Series 435, CESifo Group Munich.
- Huck, S. & Konrad, K.A. & Müller, W., 2004. "Profitable horizontal mergers without cost advantage : The role of intenal organization, information and market structure," Other publications TiSEM 028203f3-7fb8-485a-9701-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca, 2004. "Contextual antecedents and consequences of relationships between young firms and distinct types of dominant exchange partners," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 681-706, September.
- Filson, Darren & Gretz, Richard T., 2004.
"Strategic innovation and technology adoption in an evolving industry,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 89-121, January.
- Darren Filson & Richard T. Gretz, 2003. "Strategic Innovation and Technology Adoption in an Evolving Industry," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2003-08, Claremont Colleges.
- Joao Gomes & Dmitry Livdan, 2004. "Optimal Diversification: Reconciling Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 507-535, April.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1982. "Property Rights and Efficiency in Mating, Racing, and Related Games," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 968-979, December.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1980. "Industrial Structure and the Nature of Innovative Activity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 266-293, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1983. "Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands: Errata," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 250-250, March.
- Kelley, Donna J. & Rice, Mark P., 2002. "Advantage beyond founding: The strategic use of technologies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 41-57, January.
- Thornhill, Stewart, 2006. "Knowledge, innovation and firm performance in high- and low-technology regimes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 687-703, September.
- Qian, Gongming, 2002. "Multinationality, product diversification, and profitability of emerging US small- and medium-sized enterprises," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 611-633, October.
- Glazer, Amihai, 1985. "The Advantages of Being First," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 473-480, June.
- Tom Lee & Louis L. Wilde, 1980. "Market Structure and Innovation: A Reformulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 429-436.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1979. "Market Structure and Innovation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 395-410.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Bogner, William C., 2000. "Technology strategy and software new ventures' performance: Exploring the moderating effect of the competitive environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 135-173, March.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Garvis, Dennis M., 2000. "International corporate entrepreneurship and firm performance: The moderating effect of international environmental hostility," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 469-492.
- Delmar, Frederic & Davidsson, Per & Gartner, William B., 2003. "Arriving at the high-growth firm," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 189-216, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Podoynitsyna, Ksenia & Song, Michael & van der Bij, Hans & Weggeman, Mathieu, 2013. "Improving new technology venture performance under direct and indirect network externality conditions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 195-210.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:23:y:2008:i:2:p:141-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.