Do consumer perceptions matter in measuring choice variety and variety seeking?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fader, Peter S. & Hardie, Bruce G. S., 2002. "A note on an integrated model of customer buying behavior," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 682-687, June.
- Kahn, Barbara E & Wansink, Brian, 2004. " The Influence of Assortment Structure on Perceived Variety and Consumption Quantities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 519-533, March.
- Baudisch, Alexander Frenzel, 2007.
"Consumer heterogeneity evolving from social group dynamics: Latent class analyses of German footwear consumption 1980-1991,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 836-847, August.
- A. Frenzel Baudisch, 2006. "Consumer heterogeneity evolving from social group dynamics. Latent class analyses of German footwear consumption 1980-1991," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-04, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Minakshi Trivedi & Frank M. Bass & Ram C. Rao, 1994. "A Model of Stochastic Variety-Seeking," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 274-297.
- McAlister, Leigh & Pessemier, Edgar, 1982. " Variety Seeking Behavior: An Interdisciplinary Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 311-322, December.
- Menon, Satya & Kahn, Barbara E, 1995. " The Impact of Context on Variety Seeking in Product Choices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 285-295, December.
- Barbara E. Kahn & Jagmohan S. Raju, 1991. "Effects of Price Promotions on Variety-Seeking and Reinforcement Behavior," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 316-337.
- Sharma, Piyush & Sivakumaran, Bharadhwaj & Marshall, Roger, 2010. "Impulse buying and variety seeking: A trait-correlates perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 276-283, March.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1992. " The Role of Optimum Stimulation Level in Exploratory Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 434-448, December.
- Jaehwan Kim & Greg M. Allenby & Peter E. Rossi, 2002. "Modeling Consumer Demand for Variety," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 229-250, December.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 1987. " Dimensions of Consumer Expertise," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 411-454, March.
- Inman, J Jeffrey, 2001. " The Role of Sensory-Specific Satiety in Attribute-Level Variety Seeking," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 105-120, June.
- Desai, Kalpesh Kaushik & Hoyer, Wayne D, 2000. " Descriptive Characteristics of Memory-Based Consideration Sets: Influence of Usage Occasion Frequency and Usage Location Familiarity," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 309-323, December.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1999. "Variety Seeking, Purchase Timing, and the "Lightning Bolt" Brand Choice Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(4), pages 486-498, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:93:y:2017:i:1:p:65-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:359-366 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsVariety seeking; Measures of choice variety; Inter-product similarity; Choice models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:67:y:2014:i:1:p:2786-2792. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.