The role of social influence on adoption of high tech innovations: The moderating effect of public/private consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Childers, Terry L & Rao, Akshay R, 1992. " The Influence of Familial and Peer-Based Reference Groups on Consumer Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 198-211, September.
- Fisher, Robert J & Price, Linda L, 1992. " An Investigation into the Social Context of Early Adoption Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 477-486, December.
- Viswanath Venkatesh & Fred D. Davis, 2000. "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 186-204, February.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-481, March.
- Bearden, William O & Etzel, Michael J, 1982. " Reference Group Influence on Product and Brand Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 183-194, September.
- Hausman, Angela & Stock, James R., 2003. "Adoption and implementation of technological innovations within long-term relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 681-686, August.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Sheppard, Blair H & Hartwick, Jon & Warshaw, Paul R, 1988. " The Theory of Reasoned Action: A Meta-analysis of Past Research with Recommendations for Modifications and Future Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 325-343, December.
- Rosen, Dennis L. & Olshavsky, Richard W., 1987. "The dual role of informational social influence: Implications for marketing management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 123-144, April.
- Bagozzi, Richard P & Baumgartner, Hans & Yi, Youjae, 1992. " State versus Action Orientation and the Theory of Reasoned Action: An Application to Coupon Usage," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 505-518, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:28:y:2016:i:c:p:209-218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Jih-Hwa & Cheng, Chih-Ming & Cheng, Po-Jen, 2015. "Behavioral intention toward urban eco-land performance assessment models using TPB tests," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 771-776.
- M. Sadiq Sohail, 2015. "Gender differences in mall shopping:a study of shopping behaviour of an emerging nation," Journal of Marketing and Consumer Behaviour in Emerging Markets, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(1), pages 36-46.
- Kunz, Werner & Schmitt, Bernd & Meyer, Anton, 2011. "How does perceived firm innovativeness affect the consumer?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 816-822, August.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:17:y:2015:i:5:d:10.1007_s10796-014-9484-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrews, Lynda & Bianchi, Constanza, 2013. "Consumer internet purchasing behavior in Chile," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1791-1799.
- Kim, Sang-Hoon & Park, Hyun Jung, 2011. "Effects of social influence on consumers' voluntary adoption of innovations prompted by others," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(11), pages 1190-1194.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:3:p:279-286 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venkatraman, Meera, 2013. "Consuming digital technologies and making home," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2626-2633.
- Liu, Chuang-Chun, 2016. "Understanding player behavior in online games: The role of gender," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 265-274.
- Jong Seok Kim, 2016. "An Investigation of Key Factors Affecting the Adoption of Smartphone in Three Regions," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(06), pages 1-19, December.
- Arif, Imtiaz & Aslam, Wajeeha, 2014. "Students' dependence on smart phone and its effect on purchase behavior," MPRA Paper 58919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sundar, Aparna & Dinsmore, John B. & Paik, Sung-Hee Wendy & Kardes, Frank R., 2017. "Metaphorical communication, self-presentation, and consumer inference in service encounters," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 136-146.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:5:p:484-491 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:1:p:124-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goodrich, Kendall & Mangleburg, Tamara F., 2010. "Adolescent perceptions of parent and peer influences on teen purchase: An application of social power theory," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1328-1335, December.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:190-200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Choi, Yung Kyun & Yoon, Sukki & Lacey, Heather P., 2013. "Online game characters' influence on brand trust: Self-disclosure, group membership, and product type," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 996-1003.
- Saiful Azam, 2014. "Perceived Environmental Factors And The Intention To Adopt A Standard Business Reporting Facility: A Survey Of Australian Corporate Cfos," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 10(2), pages 147-173.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial influence Adoption High tech innovations Public/private consumption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:62:y:2009:i:7:p:706-712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.