How quality, value, image, and satisfaction create loyalty at a Chinese telecom
This study proposes and tests an integrative model to examine the relations among service quality, value, image, satisfaction, and loyalty in China. Analysis of survey data from 118 customers of a Chinese mobile communications company reveals that service quality directly influences both perceived value and image perceptions, that value and image influence satisfaction, that corporate image influences value, and that both customer satisfaction and value are significant determinants of loyalty. Thus, value has both a direct and indirect (through satisfaction) impact on customer loyalty. Other variables mediate the impact of both service quality and corporate image on customer loyalty.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ennew, Christine T. & Binks, Martin R., 1999. "Impact of Participative Service Relationships on Quality, Satisfaction and Retention: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 121-132, October.
- Kim, Moon-Koo & Park, Myeong-Cheol & Jeong, Dong-Heon, 2004. "The effects of customer satisfaction and switching barrier on customer loyalty in Korean mobile telecommunication services," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 145-159, March.
- Gerpott, Torsten J. & Rams, Wolfgang & Schindler, Andreas, 2001. "Customer retention, loyalty, and satisfaction in the German mobile cellular telecommunications market," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 249-269, May.
- Bolton, Ruth N & Drew, James H, 1991. " A Multistage Model of Customers' Assessments of Service Quality and Value," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 375-84, March.
- Babin, Barry J. & Attaway, Jill S., 2000. "Atmospheric Affect as a Tool for Creating Value and Gaining Share of Customer," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 91-99, August.
- Jones, Michael A. & Mothersbaugh, David L. & Beatty, Sharon E., 2002. "Why customers stay: measuring the underlying dimensions of services switching costs and managing their differential strategic outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 441-450, June.
- Babakus, Emin & Boller, Gregory W., 1992. "An empirical assessment of the SERVQUAL scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 253-268, May.
- Brady, Michael K. & Robertson, Christopher J., 2001. "Searching for a consensus on the antecedent role of service quality and satisfaction: an exploratory cross-national study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 53-60, January.
- Babin, Barry J & Darden, William R & Griffin, Mitch, 1994. " Work and/or Fun: Measuring Hedonic and Utilitarian Shopping Value," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(4), pages 644-56, March.
- Dowling, Grahame R., 1988. "Measuring corporate images: A review of alternative approaches," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 27-34, August.
- Roest, H.C.A. & Pieters, R., 1997. "The nomological net of perceived service quality," Other publications TiSEM f271d903-5057-467e-b74b-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Choi, Kui-Son & Cho, Woo-Hyun & Lee, Sunhee & Lee, Hanjoon & Kim, Chankon, 2004. "The relationships among quality, value, satisfaction and behavioral intention in health care provider choice: A South Korean study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 913-921, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:62:y:2009:i:10:p:980-986. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.