Export sales forecasting by UK firms: Technique utilization and impact on forecast accuracy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mahmoud, E & Motwani, J & Rice, G, 1990. "Forecasting US exports: An illustration using time series and econometric models," Omega, Elsevier, pages 375-382.
- Scott Armstrong, J. & Brodie, Roderick J. & McIntyre, Shelby H., 1987. "Forecasting methods for marketing: Review of empirical research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 355-376.
- Donald G. Morrison & Norman E. Toy, 1982. "Technical Note—The Effect of Grouping Continuous Variables on Correlation Coefficients," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 379-389.
- Goodwin, Paul & Wright, George, 1993. "Improving judgmental time series forecasting: A review of the guidance provided by research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 147-161.
- Mahmoud, Essam, 1989. "Combining forecasts: Some managerial issues," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 599-600.
- Clemen, Robert T., 1989. "Combining forecasts: A review and annotated bibliography," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 559-583.
- Winklhofer, Heidi & Diamantopoulos, Adamantios & Witt, Stephen F., 1996. "Forecasting practice: A review of the empirical literature and an agenda for future research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 193-221.
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1975. "Sales forecasting methods and accuracy," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 69-73, December.
- Watson, Moira C., 1996. "Forecasting in the Scottish electronics industry," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 361-371.
- V. Srinivasan & Amiya K. Basu, 1989. "The Metric Quality of Ordered Categorical Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 205-230.
- Wright, George & Lawrence, Michael J. & Collopy, Fred, 1996. "The role and validity of judgment in forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 1-8.
- Erickson, Gary M., 1987. "Marketing managers need more than forecasting accuracy," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 453-455.
- Makridakis, Spyros, 1993. "Accuracy measures: theoretical and practical concerns," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 527-529.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonidou, Leonidas C. & Katsikeas, Constantine S., 2010. "Integrative assessment of exporting research articles in business journals during the period 1960-2007," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 879-887, August.
- Lang, Mark & Bharadwaj, Neeraj & Di Benedetto, C. Anthony, 2016. "How crowdsourcing improves prediction of market-oriented outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, pages 4168-4176.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:56:y:2003:i:1:p:45-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.