Executive stock options and incentive effects due to systematic risk
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garen, John E, 1994. "Executive Compensation and Principal-Agent Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1175-99, December.
- Johnson, Shane A. & Tian, Yisong S., 2000. "Indexed executive stock options," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 35-64, July.
- Christian M. Hafner & Wolfgang HÄrdle, 2000.
"Discrete time option pricing with flexible volatility estimation,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 189-207.
- HÄRDLE, Wolfgang & HAFNER, Christian, 1997. "Discrete time option pricing with flexible volatility estimation," CORE Discussion Papers 1997047, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- HARDLE, Wolfgang & HAFNER, Christian M., . "Discrete time option pricing with flexible volatility estimation," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1439, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Härdle, Wolfgang & Hafner, Christian M., 1997. "Discrete time option pricing with flexible volatility estimation," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,56, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Lisa Meulbroek, 2001. "The Efficiency of Equity-Linked Compensation: Understanding the Full Cost of Awarding Executive Stock Options," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 30(2), Summer.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1995. "The Garch Option Pricing Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
- Brenner, Menachem & Sundaram, Rangarajan K. & Yermack, David, 2000.
"Altering the terms of executive stock options,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 103-128, July.
- Menachem Brenner & Rangarajan K. Sundaram & David Yermack, 1998. "Altering the Terms of Executive Stock Options," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-010, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Jean-Guy Simonato, 1998. "Empirical Martingale Simulation for Asset Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(9), pages 1218-1233, September.
- Huddart, Steven & Lang, Mark, 1996. "Employee stock option exercises an empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 5-43, February.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Simonato, Jean-Guy, 2001. "American option pricing under GARCH by a Markov chain approximation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1689-1718, November.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Zhang, Hua, 2001. "Pricing Hang Seng Index options around the Asian financial crisis - A GARCH approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1989-2014, November.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Jean-Guy Simonato, 1995. "Empirical Martingale Simulation for Asset Prices," CIRANO Working Papers 95s-43, CIRANO.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs, 2002. "Which Volatility Model for Option Valuation?," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-33, CIRANO.
- Hemmer, Thomas & Matsunaga, Steve & Shevlin, Terry, 1996. "The influence of risk diversification on the early exercise of employee stock options by executive officers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 45-68, February.
- Rajesh Aggarwal & Andrew A. Samwick, 1998.
"The Other Side of the Tradeoff: The Impact of Risk on Executive Compensation,"
NBER Working Papers
6634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajesh K. Aggarwal & Andrew A. Samwick, 1999. "The Other Side of the Trade-off: The Impact of Risk on Executive Compensation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(1), pages 65-105, February.
- Brian J. Hall & Jeffrey B. Liebman, 1997.
"Are CEOs Really Paid Like Bureaucrats?,"
NBER Working Papers
6213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Ritchken & Rob Trevor, 1999. "Pricing Options under Generalized GARCH and Stochastic Volatility Processes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 377-402, 02.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Jin, Li, 2002. "CEO compensation, diversification, and incentives," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 29-63, October.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:29:y:2005:i:5:p:1185-1211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.