Organizational learning, operating costs and airline consolidation policy in the Chinese airline industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transa:v:103:y:2017:i:c:p:444-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Yu-Hern & Yeh, Chung-Hsing, 2001. "Evaluating airline competitiveness using multiattribute decision making," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 405-415, October.
- Olivier Bertrand & Habib Zitouna, 2008.
"Domestic versus cross-border acquisitions: which impact on the target firms' performance?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(17), pages 2221-2238.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Zitouna, Habib, 2005. "Domestic versus Cross-Border Acquisitions: Which Impact on the Target Frims' Performance?," Working Paper Series 647, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Michael A. Lapré & Amit Shankar Mukherjee & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 2000. "Behind the Learning Curve: Linking Learning Activities to Waste Reduction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 597-611, May.
- Michael A. Lapré & Nikos Tsikriktsis, 2006. "Organizational Learning Curves for Customer Dissatisfaction: Heterogeneity Across Airlines," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(3), pages 352-366, March.
- Swan, William M. & Adler, Nicole, 2006. "Aircraft trip cost parameters: A function of stage length and seat capacity," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 105-115, March.
- Zhang, Yahua & Round, David K., 2008. "China's airline deregulation since 1997 and the driving forces behind the 2002 airline consolidations," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 130-142.
- Paul S. Adler & Kim B. Clark, 1991. "Behind the Learning Curve: A Sketch of the Learning Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 267-281, March.
- Liu, Wei Min & Luk, Maria K.R., 2009. "Reform and opening up: Way to the sustainable and harmonious development of air transport in China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 215-223, September.
- June-Young Kim & Ji-Yub (Jay) Kim & Anne S. Miner, 2009. "Organizational Learning from Extreme Performance Experience: The Impact of Success and Recovery Experience," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 958-978, December.
- Backx, Mattijs & Carney, Michael & Gedajlovic, Eric, 2002. "Public, private and mixed ownership and the performance of international airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 213-220.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Merkert, Rico & Morrell, Peter S., 2012. "Mergers and acquisitions in aviation – Management and economic perspectives on the size of airlines," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 853-862.
- Zhang, Yahua & Round, David K., 2009. "The effects of China's airline mergers on prices," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 315-323.
- Zhiqiang Liu, 2001. "Efficiency and Firm Ownership: Some New Evidence," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(4), pages 481-496, December.
- Wang, Wei-Kang & Lu, Wen-Min & Tsai, Chia-Jen, 2011. "The relationship between airline performance and corporate governance amongst US Listed companies," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 148-152.
- Zhang, Anming, 1998. "Industrial reform and air transport development in China," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 155-164.
- Linda Argote & Ella Miron-Spektor, 2011. "Organizational Learning: From Experience to Knowledge," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(5), pages 1123-1137, October.
- Majumdar, Sumit K, 1998. "Assessing Comparative Efficiency of the State-Owned Mixed and Private Sectors in Indian Industry," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 96(1-2), pages 1-24, July.
- Mar, Pamela & Young, Michael N., 2001. "Corporate governance in transition economies: a case study of two Chinese airlines," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 280-302, October.
- NÃ©meth, AdÃ©l & Niemeier, Hans-Martin, 2012. "Airline mergers in Europe â€“ An overview on the market definition of the EU commission," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 45-52.
- Bhabra, Harjeet S. & Huang, Jiayin, 2013. "An empirical investigation of mergers and acquisitions by Chinese listed companies, 1997–2007," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 186-207.
- Babikian, Raffi & Lukachko, Stephen P. & Waitz, Ian A., 2002. "The historical fuel efficiency characteristics of regional aircraft from technological, operational, and cost perspectives," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 389-400.
- Du, Min & Boateng, Agyenim, 2015. "State ownership, institutional effects and value creation in cross-border mergers & acquisitions by Chinese firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 430-442.
- Carney, Michael & Dostaler, Isabelle, 2006. "Airline ownership and control: A corporate governance perspective," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 63-75.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Elia, Stefano & Kafouros, Mario, 2014. "Acquisitions by emerging market multinationals: Implications for firm performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 611-632.
- Lu, Wen-Min & Wang, Wei-Kang & Hung, Shiu-Wan & Lu, En-Tzu, 2012. "The effects of corporate governance on airline performance: Production and marketing efficiency perspectives," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 529-544.
- NAKIL SUNG & Michael Gort, 2006. "Mergers, Capital Gains, And Productivity: Evidence From U.S. Telecommunications Mergers," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 382-394, July.
- Berrittella, Maria & La Franca, Luigi & Zito, Pietro, 2009. "An analytic hierarchy process for ranking operating costs of low cost and full service airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 249-255.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transa:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:87-102 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsOrganizational learning; Operating experience; Operating costs; Airline mergers and acquisitions; Post-merger periods; Post-acquisition periods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:108-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.