Efficiency and productivity changes in Greek airports during the crisis years 2010â€“2014
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Coto-MillÃ¡n, Pablo & Casares-HontaÃ±Ã³n, Pedro & Inglada, Vicente & AgÃ¼eros, Manuel & Pesquera, Miguel Ã ngel & Badiola, Alfonso, 2014. "Small is beautiful? The impact of economic crisis, low cost carriers, and size on efficiency in Spanish airports (2009â€“2011)," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 34-41.
- Fragoudaki, Alexandra & Giokas, Dimitris, 2016. "Airport performance in a tourism receiving country: Evidence from Greece," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 80-89.
- Yoshida, Yuichiro & Fujimoto, Hiroyoshi, 2004. "Japanese-airport benchmarking with the DEA and endogenous-weight TFP methods: testing the criticism of overinvestment in Japanese regional airports," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 533-546, November.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- Abbott, Malcolm, 2015. "Reform and efficiency of New Zealand's airports," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-9.
- Wanke, Peter F., 2013. "Physical infrastructure and flight consolidation efficiency drivers in Brazilian airports: A two-stage network-DEA approach," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-5.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Weber, William L., 2009. "Productivity growth and biased technological change in UK airports," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 642-653, July.
- Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo, 2012. "Two faces of airport business: A non-parametric analysis of the Italian airport industry," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 39-42.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke & Matousek, Roman, 2009. "Productivity growth and biased technological change: Credit banks in Japan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 924-936, December.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Rico Merkert & James Odeck & Svein Brathen & Romano Pagliari, 2012. "A Review of Different Benchmarking Methods in the Context of Regional Airports," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 379-395, January.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Tsekeris, Theodore, 2011. "Greek airports: Efficiency measurement and analysis of determinants," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 140-142.
- Ahn, Young-Hyo & Min, Hokey, 2014. "Evaluating the multi-period operating efficiency of international airports using data envelopment analysis and the Malmquist productivity index," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 12-22.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana, 2008. "Airports in Argentina: Technical efficiency in the context of an economic crisis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 315-319.
- repec:eee:touman:v:46:y:2015:i:c:p:213-221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Fernandes, Elton & Pacheco, R. R., 2002. "Efficient use of airport capacity," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 225-238, March.
- Chang, Yu-Chun & Yu, Ming-Miin & Chen, Po-Chi, 2013. "Evaluating the performance of Chinese airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 19-21.
- Pestana Barros, Carlos & Dieke, Peter U.C., 2007. "Performance evaluation of Italian airports: A data envelopment analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 184-191.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:510-:d:131937 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Zhongfei & Barros, Carlos & Yu, Yanni, 2017. "Spatial distribution characteristic of Chinese airports: A spatial cost function approach," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 63-70.
More about this item
KeywordsGreek airports; Airport performance; Economic crisis; Tourism; DEA; Malmquist index;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:57:y:2016:i:c:p:306-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.