Yesterday, today and tomorrow: An overview of research publications in the Journal of International Management
In this article, we provide an overview of the research articles that have been published in the Journal of International Management between 1998 and 2010. Our scrutiny of 287 articles published in these 13years reveals a wide variety in the examined topics, authorship, author affiliations, research settings, and research foci. Significant variety is also evident in the utilized theoretical foundations, data collection methods and analytical tools. We present and discuss our findings and conclude by providing general research directions for future contributors.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 18 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sonderegger, Petra & Täube, Florian, 2010. "Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-397, December.
- Tarique, Ibraiz & Schuler, Randall S., 2010. "Global talent management: Literature review, integrative framework, and suggestions for further research," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 122-133, April.
- Perrewé, Pamela L. & Hochwarter, Wayne A. & Rossi, Ana Maria & Wallace, Alan & Maignan, Isabelle & Castro, Stephanie L. & Ralston, David A. & Westman, Mina & Vollmer, Guenther & Tang, Moureen & Wan, P, 2002. "Are work stress relationships universal? A nine-region examination of role stressors, general self-efficacy, and burnout," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 163-187.
- Rosalie L Tung & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2008. "From the Editors: what makes a study sufficiently international?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(2), pages 180-183, March.
- Lahiri, Somnath & Kedia, Ben L., 2009. "The effects of internal resources and partnership quality on firm performance: An examination of Indian BPO providers," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 209-224, June.
- Chakrabarty, Subrata, 2009. "The influence of national culture and institutional voids on family ownership of large firms: A country level empirical study," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 32-45, March.
- Somnath Lahiri, 2011. "India-focused publications in leading international business journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 427-447, June.
- repec:vhb:journl:v:2:y:2009:i:2:p:180-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- David A Griffith & Salih Tamer Cavusgil & Shichun Xu, 2008. "Emerging themes in international business research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(7), pages 1220-1235, October.
- Frank L DuBois & David Reeb, 2000. "Ranking the International Business Journals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(4), pages 689-704, December.
- Beise, Marian & Cleff, Thomas, 2004. "Assessing the lead market potential of countries for innovation projects," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 453-477.
- Beugelsdijk, Sjoerd & Pedersen, Torben & Petersen, Bent, 2009. "Is there a trend towards global value chain specialization? -- An examination of cross border sales of US foreign affiliates," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 126-141, June.
- Yang, Zhilin & Wang, Xuehua & Su, Chenting, 2006. "A review of research methodologies in international business," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 601-617, December.
- Shimizu, Katsuhiko & Hitt, Michael A. & Vaidyanath, Deepa & Pisano, Vincenzo, 2004. "Theoretical foundations of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A review of current research and recommendations for the future," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 307-353.
- Diego Quer & Enrique Claver & Laura Rienda, 2007. "Business and management in China: A review of empirical research in leading international journals," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 359-384, September.
- Richards, Malika, 2000. "Control exercised by U.S. multinationals over their overseas affiliates: does location make a difference?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 105-120.
- Kshetri, Nir, 2007. "Institutional factors affecting offshore business process and information technology outsourcing," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 38-56, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:18:y:2012:i:1:p:102-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.