The role of reference groups in international investment decisions by firms from emerging economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- R. E. Caves & M. E. Porter, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-261.
- Mike W Peng & Denis Y L Wang & Yi Jiang, 2008. "An institution-based view of international business strategy: a focus on emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(5), pages 920-936, July.
- Witold J. Henisz & Edward D. Mansfield, 2015.
"Votes and Vetoes: The Political Determinants of Commercial Openness,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE, chapter 8, pages 145-167
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Witold J. Henisz & Edward D. Mansfield, 2004. "Votes and Vetoes: The Political Determinants of Commercial Openness," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-712, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Klaus E. Meyer, 2005. "Foreign Investment Strategies and Sub-national Institutions in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Vietnam," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 63-93, January.
- Witold J. Henisz, 2002. "The institutional environment for infrastructure investment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 355-389.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 1996. "Inter-City Competition for Foreign Investment: Static and Dynamic Effects of China's Incentive Areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 38-60, July.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 2000.
"Foreign Direct Investment in China: A Spatial Econometric Study,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 1999. "Foreign direct investment in China: a spatial econometric study," Working Papers 1999-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Broadman, Harry G. & Xiaolun Sun, 1997. "The distribution of foreign direct investment in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1720, The World Bank.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1996. "China's transition to markets: market-preserving federalism, chinese style," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 149-185.
- Chol Lee & Paul W Beamish, 1995. "The Characteristics and Performance of Korean Joint Ventures in LDCS," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(3), pages 637-654, September.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Steven Globerman & Daniel Shapiro, 2003.
"Governance infrastructure and US foreign direct investment,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(1), pages 19-39, January.
- Steven Globerman & Daniel Shapiro, 2004. "Governance Infrastructure and U.S. Foreign Direct Investment," International Finance 0404008, EconWPA.
- Mike Wright & Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike W. Peng, 2005. "Strategy Research in Emerging Economies: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Harry G. Broadman & Xiaolun Sun, 1997. "The Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 339-361, May.
- Cheng, Leonard K. & Kwan, Yum K., 2000. "What are the determinants of the location of foreign direct investment? The Chinese experience," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 379-400, August.
- K. Ravi Kumar & Howard Thomas & Avi Fiegenbaum, 1990. "Strategic groupings as competitive benchmarks for formulating future competitive strategy: A modelling approach," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 99-109, May.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0316-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moema Pereira Nunes, 2016. "Motivations, Risks, Barriers, and Results Associated with the Adoption of Global Sourcing by Brazilian Companies: a Case-Based Study," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 13(2), pages 135-157, March.
- Conti, Claudio Ramos & Parente, Ronaldo & de Vasconcelos, Flávio C., 2016. "When distance does not matter: Implications for Latin American multinationals," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1980-1992.
- Jiang, Guoliang F. & Holburn, Guy L.F. & Beamish, Paul W., 2014. "The Impact of Vicarious Experience on Foreign Location Strategy," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 345-358.
- Nielsen, Bo Bernhard & Asmussen, Christian Geisler & Weatherall, Cecilie Dohlmann, 2017. "The location choice of foreign direct investments: Empirical evidence and methodological challenges," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 62-82.
- Fiona Kun Yao & Jiatao Li, 2016. "Multi-market Contact and Foreign Entry Location Decisions in China," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 95-122, February.
- Chun Ju Lin, 2015. "How Information from Taiwan-based Enterprises in China Influences Investment Decisions of China-based Service Enterprises in Taiwan," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(02), pages 167-197, June.
- Luo, Yadong & Zhang, Huan, 2016. "Emerging Market MNEs: Qualitative Review and Theoretical Directions," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 333-350.
- Alcantara, Lailani Laynesa & Mitsuhashi, Hitoshi, 2012. "Make-or-Break Decisions in Choosing Foreign Direct Investment Locations," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 335-351.
- Li, Chengguang & Parboteeah, K. Praveen, 2015. "The effect of culture on the responsiveness of firms to mimetic forces: Imitative foreign joint venture entries into China, 1985–2003," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 465-476.
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0115-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiatao Li & Zhenzhen Xie, 2016. "Governance Structure and the Creation and Protection of Technological Competencies: International R&D Joint Ventures in China," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 123-148, February.
- Yang, Monica & Hyland, MaryAnne, 2012. "Similarity in Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions: Imitation, Uncertainty and Experience among Chinese Firms, 1985–2006," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 352-365.
- Zhenzhen Xie & Jiatao Li, 2017. "Selective imitation of compatriot firms: Entry mode decisions of emerging market multinationals in cross-border acquisitions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 47-68, March.
- repec:eee:intman:v:23:y:2017:i:3:p:242-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfredo Jiménez & David Fuente, 2016. "Learning from Others: the Impact of Vicarious Experience on the Psychic Distance and FDI Relationship," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(5), pages 633-664, October.
More about this item
KeywordsReference groups Emerging economies China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:16:y:2010:i:2:p:143-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.