On the robustness of week-day effect to error distributional assumption: International evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. COLANDER & al., 2010.
"The Financial Crisis and the Systemic Failure of Academic Economics,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 6.
- Colander, David C. & Föllmer, Hans & Haas, Armin & Goldberg, Michael & Kirman, Alan & Jusélius, Katarina & Lux, Thomas & Sloth, Brigitte, 2009. "The financial crisis and the systemic failure of academic economics," Kiel Working Papers 1489, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- David Colander & Hans Föllmer & Armin Haas & Michael Goldberg & Katarina Juselius & Alan Kirman & Thomas Lux & Brigitte Sloth, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Systemic Failure of Academic Economics," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0901, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- David Colander & Hans Föllmer & Armin Haas & Michael Goldberg & Katarina Juselius & Alan Kirman & Thomas Lux & Birgitte Sloth, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Systemic Failure of Academic Economics," Discussion Papers 09-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Chris Brooks & Gita Persand, 2001. "Seasonality in Southeast Asian stock markets: some new evidence on day-of-the-week effects," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 155-158.
- Asger Lunde & Peter R. Hansen, 2005.
"A forecast comparison of volatility models: does anything beat a GARCH(1,1)?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 873-889.
- Asger Lunde & Peter Reinhard Hansen, 2001. "A Forecast Comparison of Volatility Models: Does Anything Beat a GARCH(1,1)?," Working Papers 2001-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Doyle, John R. & Chen, Catherine Huirong, 2009. "The wandering weekday effect in major stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1388-1399, August.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2008. "Origins and Responses to the Current Crisis," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 9(4), pages 6-11, December.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1983. "Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, March.
- Syed Basher & Perry Sadorsky, 2006. "Day-of-the-week effects in emerging stock markets," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(10), pages 621-628.
- James Philpot & Craig A. Peterson, 2011. "A brief history and recent developments in day-of-the-week effect literature," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(9), pages 808-816, August.
- A.D. Clare & M.S.B. Ibrahim & S.H. Thomas, 1998. "The Impact of Settlement Procedures on Day-of-the-week Effects: Evidence from the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3&4), pages 401-418.
- Brenner, Robin J. & Harjes, Richard H. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1996. "Another Look at Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 85-107, March.
- Bai, Jushan, 1997. "Estimating Multiple Breaks One at a Time," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 315-352, June.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003. "Critical values for multiple structural change tests," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 72-78, June.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Kurihara, Yutaka, 2004. "The day-of-the-week effect in foreign exchange markets: multi-currency evidence," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 51-57, April.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1985. "Sensitivity Analyses Would Help," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 308-313, June.
- Galai, Dan & Kedar-Levy, Haim & Schreiber, Ben Z., 2008. "Seasonality in outliers of daily stock returns: A tail that wags the dog?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 784-792, December.
- Joseph E Stiglitz, 2009. "The Current Economic Crisis and Lessons for Economic Theory," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 281-296.
- Chong, Ryan & Hudson, Robert & Keasey, Kevin & Littler, Kevin, 2005. "Pre-holiday effects: International evidence on the decline and reversal of a stock market anomaly," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1226-1236, December.
- Hing Lin Chan & Kai-Yin Woo, 2012. "Day-of-the-week effect on the return and conditional variance of the H-shares index in Hong Kong," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 243-249, February.
- Peter Hansen & Asger Lunde, 2003. "Testing the Significance of Calendar Effects," Working Papers 2003-03, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Keim, Donald B., 1983. "Size-related anomalies and stock return seasonality : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 13-32, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Tandon, Kishore, 1994. "Anomalies or illusions? Evidence from stock markets in eighteen countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-106, February.
- David Michayluk & Gary C. Sanger, 2006. "Day-End Effect On The Paris Bourse," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(1), pages 131-146.
- Janie Casello Bouges & Ravi Jain & Yash Puri, 2009. "American depository receipts and calendar anomalies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 17-25.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsWeek-day effect; Error distributional assumptions; Wandering week-day effect; Volatility; GARCH;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:114-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .