The day-of-the-week effect in foreign exchange markets: multi-currency evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lakonishok, Josef & Levi, Maurice, 1982. " Weekend Effects on Stock Returns: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 883-889, June.
- Jeffrey Jaffe & R. Westerfield, "undated". "The Week-End Effect in Common Stock Returns: The International Evidence," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 03-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Dubois, M. & Louvet, P., 1996. "The day-of-the-week effect: The international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1463-1484, November.
- McFarland, James W & Pettit, R Richardson & Sung, Sam K, 1982. " The Distribution of Foreign Exchange Price Changes: Trading Day Effects and Risk Measurement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 693-715, June.
- Takato Hiraki & Edwin D. Maberly, 2000. "An analysis of Japanese stock return dynamics conditional on U.S. Monday holiday closures," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1998. "Does international trading of stocks decrease pricing errors? Evidence from Japan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 413-432, December.
- Kiyoshi Kato, 1990. "Weekly Patterns in Japanese Stock Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(9), pages 1031-1043, September.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Rivoli, Pietra, 1989. "Seasonal and Day-of-the-Week Effects in Four Emerging Stock Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(4), pages 541-550, November.
- Chang, Eric C. & Pinegar, J. Michael & Ravichandran, R., 1993. "International Evidence on the Robustness of the Day-of-the-Week Effect," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 497-513, December.
- Jeffrey Jaffe & R. Westerfield, "undated". "The Week-End Effect in Common Stock Returns: The International Evidence," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 3-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Westerfield, Randolph, 1985. " The Week-End Effect in Common Stock Returns: The International Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(2), pages 433-454, June.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Schwarz, Thomas V. & Szakmary, Andrew C., 1995. "Seasonalities and intraday return patterns in the foreign currency futures market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 843-869, August.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Maberly, Edwin, 1990. " The Weekend Effect: Trading Patterns of Individual and Institutional Investors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 231-243, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baker, H. Kent & Rahman, Abdul & Saadi, Samir, 2008. "The day-of-the-week effect and conditional volatility: Sensitivity of error distributional assumptions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 280-295, December.
- Ke, Mei-Chu & Chiang, Yi-Chein & Liao, Tung Liang, 2007. "Day-of-the-week effect in the Taiwan foreign exchange market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2847-2865, September.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:7:y:2017:i:3:f:7_3_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hüseyin Kaya & Sadullah Çelik, 2009. "Empirical Evidence For Day Of The Week Effect In An Emerging Market: The Turkish Case," 2009 Meeting Papers 219, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kumar, Satish, 2016. "Revisiting calendar anomalies: Three decades of multicurrency evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 16-32.
- Berument, Hakan & Coskun, M. Nejat & Sahin, Afsin, 2007. "Day of the week effect on foreign exchange market volatility: Evidence from Turkey," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 87-97, January.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:370-390 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2010. "Changes in the DOW effects in the Romanian foreign exchange market," MPRA Paper 41666, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Mar 2010.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:95-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boubaker, Sabri & Essaddam, Naceur & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Saadi, Samir, 2017. "On the robustness of week-day effect to error distributional assumption: International evidence," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 114-130.
- Zhang, Tai-Wei & Chueh, Horace & Hsu, Yao Hua, 2015. "Day-of-the-week trading patterns of informed and uninformed traders in Taiwan's foreign exchange market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 271-279.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:18:y:2004:i:1:p:51-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.