Copula based hierarchical risk aggregation through sample reordering
For high-dimensional risk aggregation purposes, most popular copula classes are too restrictive in terms of attainable dependence structures. These limitations aggravate with increasing dimension. We study a hierarchical risk aggregation method which is flexible in high dimensions. With this method it suffices to specify a low dimensional copula for each aggregation step in the hierarchy. Copulas and margins of arbitrary kind can be combined. We give an algorithm for numerical approximation which introduces dependence between originally independent marginal samples through reordering.
Volume (Year): 51 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Philippe Bruneton, 2011. "Copula-based Hierarchical Aggregation of Correlated Risks. The behaviour of the diversification benefit in Gaussian and Lognormal Trees," Papers 1111.1113, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2011.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Dirk Tasche, 2007. "Capital Allocation to Business Units and Sub-Portfolios: the Euler Principle," Papers 0708.2542, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2008.
- Donnelly, Catherine & Embrechts, Paul, 2010. "The Devil is in the Tails: Actuarial Mathematics and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 1-33, May.
- Christoph Hummel, 2009. "Shaping tail dependencies by nesting box copulas," Papers 0906.4853, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2009.
- Bürgi, Roland & Dacorogna, Michel M & Iles, Roger, 2008. "Risk aggregation, dependence structure and diversification benefit," MPRA Paper 10054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Packham, Natalie & Schmidt, Wolfgang M., 2008. "Latin hypercube sampling with dependence and applications in finance," CPQF Working Paper Series 15, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Centre for Practical Quantitative Finance (CPQF).
- Philip M. Lurie & Matthew S. Goldberg, 1998. "An Approximate Method for Sampling Correlated Random Variables from Partially-Specified Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(2), pages 203-218, February.
- Laurent Devineau & Stéphane Loisel, 2009. "Risk aggregation in Solvency II: How to converge the approaches of the internal models and those of the standard formula?," Post-Print hal-00403662, HAL.
- Paul Embrechts, 2009. "Copulas: A Personal View," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(3), pages 639-650.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:1:p:122-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.