The Devil is in the Tails: Actuarial Mathematics and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balkema, A.A. & Embrechts, P. & Nolde, N., 2010. "Meta densities and the shape of their sample clouds," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1738-1754, August.
- Cai, J., 2012. "Estimation concerning risk under extreme value conditions," Other publications TiSEM a92b089f-bc4c-41c2-b297-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jaworski, Piotr, 2015. "Univariate conditioning of vine copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 89-103.
- Kim, Jae H. & Ji, Philip Inyeob, 2015. "Significance testing in empirical finance: A critical review and assessment," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-14.
- Tim J. Brereton & Dirk P. Kroese & Joshua C. Chan, 2012. "Monte Carlo Methods for Portfolio Credit Risk," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2012-579, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Sara Cecchetti & Giovanna Nappo, 2012. "A dynamic default dependence model," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 892, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ifanti, Amalia A. & Argyriou, Andreas A. & Kalofonou, Foteini H. & Kalofonos, Haralabos P., 2013. "Financial crisis and austerity measures in Greece: Their impact on health promotion policies and public health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 8-12.
- Arbenz, Philipp & Hummel, Christoph & Mainik, Georg, 2012. "Copula based hierarchical risk aggregation through sample reordering," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 122-133.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd & Jaworski, Piotr, 2012. "Gaussian approximation of conditional elliptical copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 397-407.
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Sardy, S., 2014. "Extreme-quantile tracking for financial time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 44-52.
- Gola Carlo & Ilari Antonio, 2013. "Financial innovation oversight: a policy framework," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 200, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Furman, Edward & Kuznetsov, Alexey & Su, Jianxi & Zitikis, Ričardas, 2016. "Tail dependence of the Gaussian copula revisited," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 97-103.
- Malekan, Sara & Dionne, Georges, 2014.
"Securitization and optimal retention under moral hazard,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 74-85.
- Sara Malekan & Georges Dionne, 2012. "Securitization and Optimal Retention under Moral Hazard," Cahiers de recherche 1221, CIRPEE.
- Cristiano Villa, 2017. "Bayesian estimation of the threshold of a generalised pareto distribution for heavy-tailed observations," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 26(1), pages 95-118, March.
- Dante Amengual & Enrique Sentana, 2015. "Is a Normal Copula the Right Copula?," Working Papers wp2015_1504, CEMFI.
- Fertis, Apostolos & Baes, Michel & Lüthi, Hans-Jakob, 2012. "Robust risk management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 663-672.
- Durante Fabrizio & Puccetti Giovanni & Scherer Matthias, 2015. "Building bridges between Mathematics, Insurance and Finance," Dependence Modeling, De Gruyter Open, vol. 3(1), pages 1-12, May.
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Livestock Gross Margin Insurance for Dairy: Designing Margin Insurance Contracts to Account for Tail Dependence Risk," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124718, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shi, Xiaojun & Tang, Qihe & Yuan, Zhongyi, 2017. "A limit distribution of credit portfolio losses with low default probabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 156-167.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:astinb:v:40:y:2010:i:01:p:1-33_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ASB .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.