An Approximate Method for Sampling Correlated Random Variables from Partially-Specified Distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Parrish, Rudolph S., 1990. "Generating random deviates from multivariate Pearson distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 283-295, May.
- Allen Fleishman, 1978. "A method for simulating non-normal distributions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 521-532, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Werner, Christoph & Bedford, Tim & Cooke, Roger M. & Hanea, Anca M. & Morales-Nápoles, Oswaldo, 2017. "Expert judgement for dependence in probabilistic modelling: A systematic literature review and future research directions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 801-819.
- I-Tung Yang, 2006. "Using Gaussian copula to simulate repetitive projects," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(9), pages 901-909.
- Hui, Yer Van & Gao, Jia & Leung, Lawrence & Wallace, Stein, 2014. "Airfreight forwarder’s shipment planning under uncertainty: A two-stage stochastic programming approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 83-102.
- Stanhope, Stephen, 2005. "Case studies in multivariate-to-anything transforms for partially specified random vector generation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 68-79, August.
- Ilich, Nesa, 2009. "A matching algorithm for generation of statistically dependent random variables with arbitrary marginals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 468-478, January.
- Ponomareva, K. & Roman, D. & Date, P., 2015. "An algorithm for moment-matching scenario generation with application to financial portfolio optimisation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 678-687.
- repec:spr:eurjdp:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40070-017-0071-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arbenz, Philipp & Hummel, Christoph & Mainik, Georg, 2012. "Copula based hierarchical risk aggregation through sample reordering," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 122-133.
- Fleten, Stein-Erik & Hoyland, Kjetil & Wallace, Stein W., 2002. "The performance of stochastic dynamic and fixed mix portfolio models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 37-49, July.
- Pier Alda FERRARI & Alessandro BARBIERO, 2011. "Generating ordinal data," Departmental Working Papers 2011-38, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
More about this item
KeywordsSimulation; Random Number Generation; Correlation; Gauss-Newton Method;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:44:y:1998:i:2:p:203-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .