Hedging Price Risk in the Presence of Crop Yield and Revenue Insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993.
"Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 77-114.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 2494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coble, Keith H. & Heifner, Richard G. & Zuniga, Manuel, 2000. "Implications Of Crop Yield And Revenue Insurance For Producer Hedging," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, RenÃ© M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 391-405, December.
- Moschini, Giancarlo & Lapan, Harvey, 1995.
"The Hedging Role of Options and Futures under Joint Price, Basis, and Production Risk,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1025-1049, November.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Lapan, Harvey E., 1995. "Hedging Role of Options and Futures Under Joint Price, Basis and Production Risk, The," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5137, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1967. "Futures Markets, Buffer Stocks, and Income Stability for Primary Producers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 844-844.
- Jerry R. Skees & J. Roy Black & Barry J. Barnett, 1997. "Designing and Rating an Area Yield Crop Insurance Contract," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 430-438.
- Allen Fleishman, 1978. "A method for simulating non-normal distributions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 521-532, December.
- James A. Vercammen, 2000. "Constrained Efficient Contracts for Area Yield Crop Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 856-864.
- C. Vale & Vincent Maurelli, 1983. "Simulating multivariate nonnormal distributions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 465-471, September.
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Losq, Etienne, 1982. "Hedging with price and output uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 65-70.
- Olivier Mahul, 1999. "Optimum Area Yield Crop Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 75-82.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mahul, Olivier, 2002. "Hedging Price Risk In The Presence Of Crop Yield And Revenue Insurance," 2002 Conference, April 22-23, 2002, St. Louis, Missouri 19070, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Thiagu Ranganathan & Usha Ananthakumar, 2017. "Hedging in Presence of Crop Yield, Crop Revenue and Rainfall Insurance," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(1), pages 151-171, March.
- Bharat Ramaswami & Terry L. Roe, 2002. "Aggregation in area yield insurance:The linear additive model," Discussion Papers 02-08, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Coble, Keith H. & Zuniga, Manuel & Heifner, Richard, 2003. "Evaluation of the interaction of risk management tools for cotton and soybeans," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 323-340.
- Bell, Peter N, 2014. "The variance-minimizing hedge with put options," MPRA Paper 62156, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramirez, Octavio & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2016. "Some Comparative Statics for Evaluating the Performance of the US Crop Insurance Program," SCC-76 Meeting, 2016, March 17-19, Pensacola, Florida 233761, SCC-76: Economics and Management of Risk in Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Adam-Muller, Axel F. A., 1997. "Export and hedging decisions under revenue and exchange rate risk: A note," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1421-1426, July.
- Mahul, Olivier & Vermersch, Dominique, 1999. "Hedging Crop Risk With Yield Insurance Futures And Options," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21672, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yumi Oum & Shmuel S. Oren, 2010. "Optimal Static Hedging of Volumetric Risk in a Competitive Wholesale Electricity Market," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 107-122, March.
- Cummins, J David & Mahul, Olivier, 2003. "Optimal Insurance with Divergent Beliefs about Insurer Total Default Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 121-138, October.
- Coble, Keith H. & Barnett, Barry J., 1999. "The Role Of Research In Producer Risk Management," Professional Papers 15803, Mississippi State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Ramaswami, Bharat & Roe, Terry L., 2001. "Structural Models Of Area Yield Crop Insurance," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20638, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Stigler, Matthieu M. & Lobell, David, 2020. "Suitability of index insurance: new insights from satellite data," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304663, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Niyibizi, Bart & Brorsen, Wade & Park, Eunchun, 2018. "Using Bayesian Kriging for Spatial Smoothing of Trends in the Means and Variances of Crop Yield Densities," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274403, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Matthieu Stigler & David Lobell, 2020. "On the benefits of index insurance in US agriculture: a large-scale analysis using satellite data," Papers 2011.12544, arXiv.org.
- Andreas Röthig, 2009. "Microeconomic Risk Management and Macroeconomic Stability," Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Springer, number 978-3-642-01565-6, March.
- Korn, Olaf & Merz, Alexander, 2016. "How to hedge if the payment date is uncertain?," CFR Working Papers 07-14 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Xing, Liu & Pietola, Kyosti, 2005. "Forward Hedging Under Price and Production Risk of Wheat," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24467, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Olivier Mahul, 1999. "Optimal insurance against climatic experience," Working Papers hal-01952115, HAL.
- Christine Brown & James Ma, 2011. "The collapse of Pasminco: misjudgment, misfortune and miscalculation," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 36(2), pages 287-312, August.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae02:24881. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.