Signaling the environmental performance of polluting products to green consumers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1978. "A Model of Advertising and Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 485-503, June.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata, 2002.
"Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 113-134, January.
- Cason, T.N. & Gangadharan, L., 1999. "Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 708, The University of Melbourne.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1988. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 986-998, December.
- Wesley Nimon & John Beghin, 1999.
"Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence From the Apparel Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 801-811.
- Nimon, R. Wesley & Beghin, John C., 1998. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence From The Apparel Industry," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 21016, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wesley Nimon & John C. Beghin, 1998. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence from the Apparel Industry," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp213, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Nimon, Wesley & Beghin, John C., 1999. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence from the Apparel Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1514, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nimon, W. & Beghin, John C., 2008. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence from the Apparel Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12741, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991. "High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 224-239, March.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1999.
"On the taxation of polluting products in a differentiated industry,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 575-594, March.
- CREMER, Helmuth & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1999. "On the taxation of polluting products in a differentiated industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1384, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bansal, Sangeeta & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 2003. "Tax/subsidy policies in the presence of environmentally aware consumers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 333-355, March.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Mailath, George J, 1987. "Incentive Compatibility in Signaling Games with a Continuum of Types," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1349-1365, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben Youssef Adel & Abderrazak Chema, 2009.
"Multiplicity of Eco-Labels, Competition, and the Environment,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-24, December.
- Chema Abderrazak & Adel Ben Youssef, 2009. "Multiplicity of eco-labels, competition, and the environment," Post-Print halshs-00937183, HAL.
- Bontems, Philippe & Mahenc, Philippe, 2014. "Signaling quality in vertical relationships," IDEI Working Papers 819, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Nouira, Imen & Hammami, Ramzi & Frein, Yannick & Temponi, Cecilia, 2016. "Design of forward supply chains: Impact of a carbon emissions-sensitive demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 80-98.
- Aditi Sengupta, 2010. "Signaling environmental quality to green consumers and the incentive to invest in cleaner technology: Effect of environmental regulation," Departmental Working Papers 1001, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Stefan Ambec & Paul Lanoie, 2009.
"Performance environnementale et économique de l'entreprise,"
Economie & Prévision,
La Documentation Française, vol. 0(4), pages 71-94.
- Stefan Ambec & Paul Lanoie, 2009. "Performance environnementale et économique de l’entreprise," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 190(4), pages 71-94.
- Stefan Ambec & Paul Lanoie, 2007.
"When and Why Does It Pay To Be Green?,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Ambec, S. & Lanoie, P., 2007. "When and why does it pay to be green ?," Working Papers 200704, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Stefan Ambec & Paul Lanoie, 2007. "When and why does it pay to be green?," Cahiers de recherche 07-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Paul Lanoie & Stefan Ambec & Iain Scott, 2007. "When and Why Does it Pay to be Green?," CIRANO Burgundy Reports 2007rb-03, CIRANO.
- repec:bla:jemstr:v:26:y:2017:i:2:p:454-483 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sengupta, Aditi, 2012.
"Investment in cleaner technology and signaling distortions in a market with green consumers,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 468-480.
- Aditi Sengupta, 2011. "Investment in Cleaner Technology and Signaling Distortions in a Market with Green Consumers," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2011-10, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Nouira, Imen & Frein, Yannick & Hadj-Alouane, Atidel B., 2014. "Optimization of manufacturing systems under environmental considerations for a greenness-dependent demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 188-198.
- Pim Heijnen, 2013. "Informative advertising by an environmental group," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 249-272, April.
- Bae, Sang Hoo & Sarkis, Joseph & Yoo, Chung Sik, 2011. "Greening transportation fleets: Insights from a two-stage game theoretic model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 793-807.
- Christos Constantatos & Markus Herrmann, 2011. "Market Inertia and the Introduction of Green Products: Can Strategic Effects Justify the Porter Hypothesis?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(2), pages 267-284, October.
- Brécard, Dorothée & Hlaimi, Boubaker & Lucas, Sterenn & Perraudeau, Yves & Salladarré, Frédéric, 2009. "Determinants of demand for green products: An application to eco-label demand for fish in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 115-125, November.
- Chia-Ying Liu & Chi-Hsin Wu, 2009. "Environmental Consciousness, Reputation And Voluntary Environmental Investment," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 124-137, June.
- Philippe Mahenc, 2017. "Honest versus Misleading Certification," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 454-483, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:26:y:2008:i:1:p:59-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.