Signaling the environmental performance of polluting products to green consumers
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nimon, Wesley & Beghin, John C., 1999.
"Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence from the Apparel Industry,"
Staff General Research Papers
1514, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wesley Nimon & John Beghin, 1999. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence From the Apparel Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 801-811.
- Nimon, W. & Beghin, John C., 2008. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence from the Apparel Industry," Staff General Research Papers 12741, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nimon, R. Wesley & Beghin, John C., 1998. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence From The Apparel Industry," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 21016, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wesley Nimon & John C. Beghin, 1998. "Are Eco-Labels Valuable? Evidence from the Apparel Industry," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp213, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Paul R. Milgrom & John Roberts, 1984.
"Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
709, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1978. "A Model of Advertising and Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 485-503, June.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- CREMER, Helmuth & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"On the taxation of polluting products in a differentiated industry,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1384, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cremer, Helmuth & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1999. "On the taxation of polluting products in a differentiated industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 575-594, March.
- Bansal, Sangeeta & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 2003. "Tax/subsidy policies in the presence of environmentally aware consumers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 333-355, March.
- Mailath, George J, 1987. "Incentive Compatibility in Signaling Games with a Continuum of Types," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1349-65, November.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata, 2002.
"Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 113-134, January.
- Cason, T.N. & Gangadharan, L., 1999. "Environmental Labeling and Incomplete Consumer Information in Laboratory Markets," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 708, The University of Melbourne.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, December.
- Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E.M., 1987.
"Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Demand,"
225923, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Riordan, Michael H, 1991.
"High and Declining Prices Signal Product Quality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 224-39, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:26:y:2008:i:1:p:59-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.