Market definition for broadband internet in Slovakia – Are fixed and mobile technologies in the same market?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lukasz Grzybowski & Pedro Pereira, 2006. "Simulation of Merger in Mobile Telephony in Portugal," Working Papers 06-22, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- Lee, Jongsu & Kim, Yeonbae & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Park, Yuri, 2006. "Estimating the extent of potential competition in the Korean mobile telecommunications market: Switching costs and number portability," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 107-124, January.
- Pereira, Pedro & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2011.
"The impact on broadband access to the Internet of the dual ownership of telephone and cable networks,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 283-293, March.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 17, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Pedro Pereira & Tiago Ribeiro, 2006. "The Impact on Broadband Access to the Internet of the Dual Ownership of Telephone and Cable Networks," Working Papers 06-10, NET Institute, revised Aug 2006.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, December.
- Aviv Nevo, 2000. "Mergers with Differentiated Products: The Case of the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(3), pages 395-421, Autumn.
- Takanori Ida & Toshifumi Kuroda, 2006. "Discrete Choice Analysis of Demand for Broadband in Japan," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-22, January.
- Philip Crooke & Luke Froeb & Steven Tschantz & Gregory Werden, 1999. "Effects of Assumed Demand Form on Simulated Postmerger Equilibria," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 205-217, November.
- Jerry A. Hausman & J. Gregory Sidak & HalJ. Singer, 2001. "Cable Modems and DSL: Broadband Internet Access for Residential Customers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 302-307, May.
- Froeb, Luke & Tschantz, Steven & Werden, Gregory J., 2005. "Pass-through rates and the price effects of mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 703-715, December.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2005.
"Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers in European competition policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 669-691, December.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Quantifying the Effects from Horizontal Mergers in European Competition Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2697, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth E. Train & Daniel L. McFadden & Moshe Ben-Akiva, 1987. "The Demand for Local Telephone Service: A Fully Discrete Model of Residential Calling Patterns and Service Choices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 109-123, Spring.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2005. "Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers: Comments on the underlying assumptions," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 699-702, December.
- Srinuan, Pratompong & Srinuan, Chalita & Bohlin, Erik, 2012. "Fixed and mobile broadband substitution in Sweden," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 237-251.
- Lukasz Grzybowski & Pedro Pereira, 2011. "Subscription Choices and Switching Costs in Mobile Telephony," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Mélisande Cardona & Anton Schwarz & B. Yurtoglu & Christine Zulehner, 2009. "Demand estimation and market definition for broadband Internet services," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 70-95, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grzybowski, Lukasz & Liang, Julienne, 2014. "Estimating demand for quadruple-play tariffs: The impact on consumer surplus," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101375, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Lukasz Grzybowski & Frank Verboven, 2016.
"Substitution between fixed-line and mobile access: the role of complementarities,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, pages 113-151.
- Grzybowski, Lukasz & Verboven, Frank, 2014. "Substitution between Fixed-line and Mobile Access: the Role of Complementarities," CEPR Discussion Papers 10045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lukasz GRZYBOWSKI & Frank VERBOVEN, 2014. "Substitution between fixed-line and mobile access: the role of complementarities," Working Papers Department of Economics ces14.12, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Dorothee Bär & Peter Knauth & Wilhelm Eschweiler & Wolfgang Kopf & Valentina Daiber & Wilhelm Dresselhaus & Iris Henseler-Unger & Christian Wernick & Justus Haucap & Ulrich Heimeshoff & Mirjam Lange &, 2016. "Wie viel ist genug? Breitbandausbau in Deutschland," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 69(20), pages 03-28, October.
- Lukasz Grzybowski & Frank Verboven, 2013. "Substitution and Complementarity between Fixed-line and Mobile Access," Working Papers 13-09, NET Institute.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Cambini, Carlo & Melani, Sauro, 2016. "How to fill the digital gap? The (limited) role of regulation," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-002, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Cambini, Carlo & Melani, Sauro, 2016. "How to Fill the Digital Gap? The (Limited) Role of Regulation," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145480, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Juan Vélez, 2017. "Merger Effects with Product Complementarity: Evidence from Colombia’s Telecommunications," Borradores de Economia 1018, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
More about this item
KeywordsBroadband; Market definition; Multinomial logit; Mixed logit;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:28:y:2014:i:c:p:39-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.