Corporate risk management and dividend signaling theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Georges Dionne & Karima Ouederni, 2010. "Corporate Risk Management and Dividend Signaling Theory," Cahiers de recherche 1008, CIRPEE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-1051, September.
- Gerald D. Gay & Jouahn Nam & Marian Turac, 2002. "How Firms Manage Risk: The Optimal Mix Of Linear And Non-Linear Derivatives," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 14(4), pages 82-93.
- Dennis Frestad, 2009. "Why Most Firms Choose Linear Hedging Strategies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 157-167.
- James Poterba, 2004. "Taxation and Corporate Payout Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 171-175.
- DeMarzo, Peter M & Duffie, Darrell, 1995. "Corporate Incentives for Hedging and Hedge Accounting," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 743-771.
- Joan Farre-Mensa & Roni Michaely & Martin Schmalz, 2014.
Annual Review of Financial Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 75-134, December.
- Brav, Alon & Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Michaely, Roni, 2005. "Payout policy in the 21st century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, pages 483-527.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
" Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dichev, Ilia D. & Tang, Vicki Wei, 2009. "Earnings volatility and earnings predictability," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 160-181.
- Pinghsun Huang & Harley E. Ryan & Roy A. Wiggins, 2007. "The Influence Of Firm- And Ceo-Specific Characteristics On The Use Of Nonlinear Derivative Instruments," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 415-436.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:49:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11156-016-0586-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koziol, Philipp, 2014. "Inflation and interest rate derivatives for FX risk management: Implications for exporting firms under real wealth," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, pages 459-472.
- Rosa Lombardi & Daniela Coluccia & Giuseppe Russo & Silvia Solimene, 2016. "Exploring Financial Risks from Corporate Disclosure: Evidence from Italian Listed Companies," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), pages 309-327.
More about this item
KeywordsSignaling theory; Dividend policy; Risk management policy; Corporate hedging; Information asymmetry;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G35 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Payout Policy
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:8:y:2011:i:4:p:188-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.