Why Most Firms Choose Linear Hedging Strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory W. Brown & Klaus Bjerre Toft, 2002. "How Firms Should Hedge," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1283-1324.
- Gerald D. Gay & Jouahn Nam & Marian Turac, 2002. "How Firms Manage Risk: The Optimal Mix Of Linear And Non-Linear Derivatives," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 14(4), pages 82-93.
- Gregory W. Brown & Peter R. Crabb & David Haushalter, 2006. "Are Firms Successful at Selective Hedging?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 2925-2950, November.
- Karen Benson & Barry Oliver, 2004. "Management Motivation for Using Financial Derivatives in Australia," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 29(2), pages 225-242, December.
- Pinghsun Huang & Harley E. Ryan & Roy A. Wiggins, 2007. "The Influence Of Firm- And Ceo-Specific Characteristics On The Use Of Nonlinear Derivative Instruments," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 415-436.
- Gerald D. Gay & Jouahn Nam & Marian Turac, 2003. "On the optimal mix of corporate hedging instruments: Linear versus nonlinear derivatives," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 217-239, March.
- René M. Stulz, 1996. "Rethinking Risk Management," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 9(3), pages 8-25.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dionne, Georges & Ouederni, Karima, 2011.
"Corporate risk management and dividend signaling theory,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 188-195.
- Georges Dionne & Karima Ouederni, 2010. "Corporate Risk Management and Dividend Signaling Theory," Cahiers de recherche 1008, CIRPEE.
- Frestad, Dennis, 2010. "Corporate hedging under a resource rent tax regime," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 458-468, March.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:4:p:1127-1169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Al-Shboul, Mohammad & Anwar, Sajid, 2014. "Foreign exchange rate exposure: Evidence from Canada," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 18-29.
- Koziol, Philipp, 2014. "Inflation and interest rate derivatives for FX risk management: Implications for exporting firms under real wealth," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 459-472.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:32:y:2009:i:2:p:157-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.