The leverage effect without leverage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christie, Andrew A., 1982. "The stochastic behavior of common stock variances : Value, leverage and interest rate effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 407-432, December.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Ang, Andrew & Chen, Joseph, 2002. "Asymmetric correlations of equity portfolios," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 443-494, March.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Granger, Clive W.J., 2005. "The past and future of empirical finance: some personal comments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 35-40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoine Lejay & Paolo Pigato, 2017. "A threshold model for local volatility: evidence of leverage and mean reversion effects on historical data," Working Papers hal-01669082, HAL.
- Giovanni Giusti & Janet Hua Jiang & Yiping Xu, 2014. "Interest on Cash, Fundamental Value Process and Bubble Formation on Experimental Asset Markets," Staff Working Papers 14-18, Bank of Canada.
- Muhammad Sajid & Amir Mahmood & Hazoor Muhammad Sabir, 2016. "Does Financial Leverage Influence Investment Decisions? Empirical Evidence From KSE-30 Index of Pakistan," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(2), pages 82-89, June.
- Antoine Lejay & Paolo Pigato, 2017. "A threshold model for local volatility: evidence of leverage and mean reversion effects on historical data," Papers 1712.08329, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
- Haas, Markus & Krause, Jochen & Paolella, Marc S. & Steude, Sven C., 2013. "Time-varying mixture GARCH models and asymmetric volatility," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 602-623.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:82:y:2017:i:c:p:180-190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agata Kliber, 2016. "The leverage effect puzzle: the case of European sovereign credit default swap market," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 217-235, October.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial leverage Leverage effect Down-market effect Experimental stock markets Double auction markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:6:y:2009:i:2:p:83-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .