The challenge to UK energy policy: An ageing population perspective on energy saving measures and consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kronenberg, Tobias, 2009. "The impact of demographic change on energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2637-2645, August.
- Tonn, Bruce & Eisenberg, Joel, 2007. "The aging US population and residential energy demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 743-745, January.
- Healy, John D. & Clinch, J. Peter, 2004. "Quantifying the severity of fuel poverty, its relationship with poor housing and reasons for non-investment in energy-saving measures in Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 207-220, January.
- Crosbie, Tracey, 2008. "Household energy consumption and consumer electronics: The case of television," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2191-2199, June.
- Rose Gilroy, 2005. "The Role of Housing Space in Determining Freedom and Flourishing in Older People," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 141-158, October.
- Lloyd, Bob, 2007. "The Commons revisited: The tragedy continues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5806-5818, November.
- Power, Anne, 2008. "Does demolition or refurbishment of old and inefficient homes help to increase our environmental, social and economic viability?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4487-4501, December.
- Clinch, J. Peter & Healy, John D., 2001. "Cost-benefit analysis of domestic energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 113-124, January.
- Burholt, Vanessa & Windle, Gill, 2006. "Keeping warm? Self-reported housing and home energy efficiency factors impacting on older people heating homes in North Wales," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1198-1208, July.
- Boardman, Brenda, 2004. "New directions for household energy efficiency: evidence from the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(17), pages 1921-1933, November.
- Sorrell, Steve & Dimitropoulos, John & Sommerville, Matt, 2009. "Empirical estimates of the direct rebound effect: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1356-1371, April.
- Liddell, Christine & Morris, Chris, 2010. "Fuel poverty and human health: A review of recent evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2987-2997, June.
- Yamasaki, Eiji & Tominaga, Norio, 1997. "Evolution of an aging society and effect on residential energy demand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 903-912, September.
- Jones, Emma & Leach, Matthew & Wade, Joanne, 2000. "Local policies for DSM: the UK's home energy conservation act," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 201-211, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:108-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garau, Giorgio & Lecca, Patrizio & Mandras, Giovanni, 2013. "The impact of population ageing on energy use: Evidence from Italy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 970-980.
- Vilches, Alberto & Barrios Padura, Ángela & Molina Huelva, Marta, 2017. "Retrofitting of homes for people in fuel poverty: Approach based on household thermal comfort," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 283-291.
- Schaffrin, André & Reibling, Nadine, 2015. "Household energy and climate mitigation policies: Investigating energy practices in the housing sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 1-10.
- Day, Rosie, 2015. "Low carbon thermal technologies in an ageing society – What are the issues?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 250-256.
- Mardiana, A. & Riffat, S.B., 2013. "Review on physical and performance parameters of heat recovery systems for building applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 174-190.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:161-171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tweed, Christopher & Humes, Nicholas & Zapata-Lancaster, Gabriela, 2015. "The changing landscape of thermal experience and warmth in older people’s dwellings," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 223-232.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:147:y:2018:i:c:p:197-207 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUK energy policy Ageing Energy consumption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:2:p:782-789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .