Modeling and forecasting natural gas demand in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur van Benthem & Mattia Romani, 2009. "Fuelling Growth: What Drives Energy Demand in Developing Countries?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 91-114.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Turton, Hal & Casten, Tom, 2007. "Energy efficiency, sustainability and economic growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 634-648.
- Daniel J. Graham & Stephen Glaister, 2002. "The Demand for Automobile Fuel: A Survey of Elasticities," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Geem, Zong Woo & Roper, William E., 2009. "Energy demand estimation of South Korea using artificial neural network," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4049-4054, October.
- Rofiqul Islam, M. & Rabiul Islam, M. & Rafiqul Alam Beg, M., 2008. "Renewable energy resources and technologies practice in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 299-343, February.
- Liang, Qiao-Mei & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Multi-regional input-output model for regional energy requirements and CO2 emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1685-1700, March.
- Islam, A.K.M. Sadrul & Islam, Mazharul & Rahman, Tazmilur, 2006. "Effective renewable energy activities in Bangladesh," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 677-688.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Warr, Benjamin, 2005. "Accounting for growth: the role of physical work," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 181-209, June.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Stern, David I., 2000. "Aggregation and the role of energy in the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-317, February.
- Zia Wadud & Daniel J. Graham & Robert B. Noland, 2010. "Gasoline Demand with Heterogeneity in Household Responses," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 47-74.
- Akinlo, A.E., 2008. "Energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from 11 Sub-Sahara African countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2391-2400, September.
- Parikh, Jyoti & Purohit, Pallav & Maitra, Pallavi, 2007. "Demand projections of petroleum products and natural gas in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1825-1837.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2010. "Natural gas demand in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 211-219, January.
- Robert A. Yaffee, 2010. "Forecast evaluation with Stata," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2010 10, Stata Users Group.
- Ibrahim, Ibrahim B. & Hurst, Christopher, 1990. "Estimating energy and oil demand functions : A study of thirteen developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 93-102, April.
- Dermot Gately & Hiliard G. Huntington, 2002.
"The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 19-55.
- Gately, D. & Huntington, H.G., 2001. "The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand," Working Papers 01-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Urban, F. & Benders, R.M.J. & Moll, H.C., 2007. "Modelling energy systems for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3473-3482, June.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2009. "Energy demand models for policy formulation : a comparative study of energy demand models," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4866, The World Bank.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Professor A K M A Quader & Professor Edmond Gomes, 2002. "An Exploratory Review of Bangladesh Gas Sector: Latest Evidence and Areas of Further Research," CPD Working Paper 17, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Bloch, Farrell E., 1980. "Residential demand for natural gas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 371-383, May.
- Mozumder, Pallab & Marathe, Achla, 2007. "Causality relationship between electricity consumption and GDP in Bangladesh," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 395-402, January.
- Miah, Md. Danesh & Kabir, Rashel Rana Mohammad Sirajul & Koike, Masao & Akther, Shalina & Yong Shin, Man, 2010. "Rural household energy consumption pattern in the disregarded villages of Bangladesh," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 997-1003, February.
- K Hossain, A & Badr, O, 2007. "Prospects of renewable energy utilisation for electricity generation in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1617-1649, October.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Development Indicators 2010," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4373.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ishmael Ackah, 2014. "Determinants of natural gas demand in Ghana," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 38(3), pages 272-295, September.
- Szoplik, Jolanta, 2015. "Forecasting of natural gas consumption with artificial neural networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 208-220.
- repec:eee:energy:v:134:y:2017:i:c:p:775-788 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burke, Paul J. & Yang, Hewen, 2016.
"The price and income elasticities of natural gas demand: International evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 466-474.
- Paul J Burke & Hewen Yang, 2016. "The price and income elasticities of natural gas demand: International evidence," Departmental Working Papers 2016-14, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Wang, Jianzhou & Jiang, Haiyan & Zhou, Qingping & Wu, Jie & Qin, Shanshan, 2016. "China’s natural gas production and consumption analysis based on the multicycle Hubbert model and rolling Grey model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1149-1167.
- Huda, A.S.N. & Mekhilef, S. & Ahsan, A., 2014. "Biomass energy in Bangladesh: Current status and prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 504-517.
- Khan, Muhammad Arshad, 2015. "Modelling and forecasting the demand for natural gas in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1145-1159.
- Li, Lanlan & Gong, Chengzhu & Tian, Shizhong & Jiao, Jianling, 2016. "The peak-shaving efficiency analysis of natural gas time-of-use pricing for residential consumers: Evidence from multi-agent simulation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 48-58.
- Ackah, Ishmael & Asomani, Mcomari, 2015. "Modelling Renewable Energy Economy in Ghana with Autometrics," MPRA Paper 63870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Ting & Lin, Boqiang, 2014. "China's natural gas consumption and subsidies—From a sector perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 541-551.
- Ackah, Ishmael, 2015. "Accounting for the effect of exogenous non-Economic variables on natural gas demand in oil producing African countries," MPRA Paper 81553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Askari, S. & Montazerin, N. & Fazel Zarandi, M.H., 2016. "Gas networks simulation from disaggregation of low frequency nodal gas consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1286-1298.
- Ishmael Ackah & Mcomari Asomani, 2015. "Empirical Analysis of Renewable Energy Demand in Ghana with Autometrics," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 754-758.
- Copiello, Sergio & Grillenzoni, Carlo, 2017. "Is the cold the only reason why we heat our homes? Empirical evidence from spatial series data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 193(C), pages 491-506.
- Galip Altinay & A. Talha Yalta, 2016. "Estimating the evolution of elasticities of natural gas demand: the case of Istanbul, Turkey," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 201-220, August.
- Nikolakakis, Thomas & Chattopadhyay, Deb & Bazilian, Morgan, 2017. "A review of renewable investment and power system operational issues in Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 650-658.
- Zhu, L. & Li, M.S. & Wu, Q.H. & Jiang, L., 2015. "Short-term natural gas demand prediction based on support vector regression with false neighbours filtered," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 428-436.
- Darda, Md Abud & Guseo, Renato & Mortarino, Cinzia, 2015. "Nonlinear production path and an alternative reserves estimate for South Asian natural gas," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 654-664.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural gas; Energy demand; Dynamic econometric model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:11:p:7372-7380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.