Calabashes for kilowatt-hours: Rural energy and market failure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. Hosier & Mark A. Bernstein, 1992. "Woodfuel Use and Sustainable Development in Haiti," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 129-156.
- Dalia Marin & Daniel Kaufmann & Bogdan Gorochowskij, 2000.
"Barter in Transition Economies: Competing Explanations Confront Ukranian Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
287, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Marin, Dalia & Kaufmann, Daniel & Gorochowskij, Bogdan, 2000. "Barter in Transition Economies: Competing Explanations Confront Ukrainian Data," Discussion Papers in Economics 63, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Gorochowskij, Bogdan & Kaufmann, Daniel & Marin, Dalia, 2000. "Barter In Transition Economies: Competing Explanations Confront Ukrainian Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 2432, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bluffstone, Randall A., 1998.
"Reducing degradation of forests in poor countries when permanent solutions elude us: what instruments do we really have?,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, pages 295-317.
- Bluffstone, R.A., 1997. "Reducing Degradation of Forests in Poor Countries When Permanent Solutions Elude Us: What Instruments Do we Really Have?," Papers 604, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1996. "The economics of the environment," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 387-428, October.
- Howells, M. I. & Alfstad, T. & Victor, D. G. & Goldstein, G. & Remme, U., 2005. "A model of household energy services in a low-income rural African village," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1851, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schillebeeckx, Simon J.D. & Parikh, Priti & Bansal, Rahul & George, Gerard, 2012. "An integrated framework for rural electrification: Adopting a user-centric approach to business model development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 687-697.
- Morgan Bazilian & Patrick Nussbaumer & Hans-Holger Rogner & Abeeku Brew-Hammond & Vivien Foster & Shonali Pachauri & Eric Williams & Mark Howells & Philippe Niyongabo & Lawrence Musaba & Brian Ó Galla, 2011. "Energy Access Scenarios to 2030 for the Power Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2011.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Morgan Bazilian & Patrick Nussbaumer & Giorgio Gualberti & Erik Haites & Michael Levi & Judy Siegel & Daniel M. Kammen & Joergen Fenhann, 2011. "Informing the Financing of Universal Energy Access: An Assessment of Current Flows," Working Papers 2011.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Shrimali, Gireesh & Slaski, Xander & Thurber, Mark C. & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Improved stoves in India: A study of sustainable business models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7543-7556.
- Sehjpal, Ritika & Ramji, Aditya & Soni, Anmol & Kumar, Atul, 2014. "Going beyond incomes: Dimensions of cooking energy transitions in rural India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 470-477.
- Nerini, Francesco Fuso & Andreoni, Antonio & Bauner, David & Howells, Mark, 2016. "Powering production. The case of the sisal fibre production in the Tanga region, Tanzania," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 544-556.
More about this item
KeywordsFuel transitions Market failure Rural energy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:6:p:2729-2738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.