Monitoring energy efficiency trends in European industry: Which top-down method should be used?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Ang, B.W & Zhang, F.Q, 1999. "Inter-regional comparisons of energy-related CO2 emissions using the decomposition technique," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 297-305.
- Boonekamp, Piet G.M., 2006. "Evaluation of methods used to determine realized energy savings," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3977-3992, December.
- Kamakaté, Fatumata & Schipper, Lee, 2009. "Trends in truck freight energy use and carbon emissions in selected OECD countries from 1973 to 2005," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3743-3751, October.
- Greening, Lorna A. & Boyd, Gale & Roop, Joseph M., 2007. "Modeling of industrial energy consumption: An introduction and context," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 599-608, July.
- Nag, Barnali & Parikh, Jyoti, 2000. "Indicators of carbon emission intensity from commercial energy use in India," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 441-461, August.
- Ang, B.W & Zhang, F.Q & Choi, Ki-Hong, 1998. "Factorizing changes in energy and environmental indicators through decomposition," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 489-495.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, F.L., 2001. "A new energy decomposition method: perfect in decomposition and consistent in aggregation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 537-548.
- Shrestha, Ram M. & Anandarajah, Gabrial & Liyanage, Migara H., 2009. "Factors affecting CO2 emission from the power sector of selected countries in Asia and the Pacific," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2375-2384, June.
- Albrecht, Johan & Francois, Delphine & Schoors, Koen, 2002. "A Shapley decomposition of carbon emissions without residuals," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 727-736, July.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 2006. "Decomposition analysis and the mean-rate-of-change index," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 185-198, March.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, Na, 2007. "Energy decomposition analysis: IEA model versus other methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1426-1432, March.
- Sorrell, Steve & Lehtonen, Markku & Stapleton, Lee & Pujol, Javier & Champion, Toby, 2009. "Decomposing road freight energy use in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3115-3129, August.
- Sun, J. W., 1998. "Changes in energy consumption and energy intensity: A complete decomposition model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-100, February.
- Ang, B.W. & Zhang, F.Q., 2000. "A survey of index decomposition analysis in energy and environmental studies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1149-1176.
- Greening, Lorna A. & Davis, William B. & Schipper, Lee & Khrushch, Marta, 1997. "Comparison of six decomposition methods: application to aggregate energy intensity for manufacturing in 10 OECD countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 375-390, July.
- Chung, Hyun-Sik & Rhee, Hae-Chun, 2001. "A residual-free decomposition of the sources of carbon dioxide emissions: a case of the Korean industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 15-30.
- Hoekstra, Rutger & van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M., 2003. "Comparing structural decomposition analysis and index," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 39-64, January.
- Ma, Chunbo & Stern, David I., 2008. "Biomass and China's carbon emissions: A missing piece of carbon decomposition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2517-2526, July.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Hanson, Donald A. & Sterner, Thomas, 1988. "Decomposition of changes in energy intensity : A comparison of the Divisia index and other methods," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 309-312, October.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, F.L. & Chung, Hyun-Sik, 2004. "A generalized Fisher index approach to energy decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 757-763, September.
- Ang, B.W., 2006. "Monitoring changes in economy-wide energy efficiency: From energy-GDP ratio to composite efficiency index," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 574-582, March.
- de Boer, Paul, 2009. "Generalized Fisher index or Siegel-Shapley decomposition?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 810-814, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beöthy, Ákos & Kácsor, Enikő & Bartek-Lesi, Mária & Kerekes, Lajos & Kotek, Péter, 2019. "Energiaköltségek hatása a feldolgozóipar költség-versenyképességére [Energy costs and cost competitiveness in the manufacturing sector]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 256-285.
- Hannah Förster & Katja Schumacher & Enrica De Cian & Michael Hübler & Ilkka Keppo & Silvana Mima & Ronald D. Sands, 2013.
"European Energy Efficiency And Decarbonization Strategies Beyond 2030 — A Sectoral Multi-Model Decomposition,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(supp0), pages 1-29.
- Hannah Förster & Katja Schumacher & Enrica de Cian & Michael Hübler & Ilkka Keppo & Silvana Mima & Ronald D. Sands, 2013. "European energy efficiency and decarbonization strategies beyond 2030 : A sectoral multi-model decomposition," Post-Print halshs-00939253, HAL.
- Hannah Förster & Katja Schumacher & Enrica De Cian & Michael Hübler & Ilkka Keppo & Silvana Mima & Ronald D. Sands, 2014. "European Energy Efficiency and Decarbonization Strategies Beyond 2030 – A Sectoral Multi-model Decomposition," Working Papers 2014.27, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Xu, Jin-Hua & Fan, Ying & Yu, Song-Min, 2014. "Energy conservation and CO2 emission reduction in China's 11th Five-Year Plan: A performance evaluation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 348-359.
- Rogan, Fionn & Cahill, Caiman J. & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Decomposition analysis of gas consumption in the residential sector in Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 19-36.
- Cahill, Caiman J. & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Combining physical and economic output data to analyse energy and CO2 emissions trends in industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 422-429.
- Bertoldi, Paolo & Mosconi, Rocco, 2020. "Do energy efficiency policies save energy? A new approach based on energy policy indicators (in the EU Member States)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C).
- Xianrui Liao & Wei Yang & Yichen Wang & Junnian Song, 2019. "Uncovering Variations, Determinants, and Disparities of Multisector-Level Final Energy Use of Industries Across Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-16, March.
- Schlomann, Barbara & Reuter, Matthias & Lapillonne, Bruno & Pollier, Karine & Rosenow, Jan, 2014. "Monitoring of the "Energiewende": Energy efficiency indicators for Germany," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S10/2014, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Guarino, Francesco & Cassarà, Pietro & Longo, Sonia & Cellura, Maurizio & Ferro, Erina, 2015. "Load match optimisation of a residential building case study: A cross-entropy based electricity storage sizing algorithm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 380-391.
- Tan, Xianchun & Dong, Lele & Chen, Dexue & Gu, Baihe & Zeng, Yuan, 2016. "China’s regional CO2 emissions reduction potential: A study of Chongqing city," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1345-1354.
- Xu, Jin-Hua & Fleiter, Tobias & Eichhammer, Wolfgang & Fan, Ying, 2012. "Energy consumption and CO2 emissions in China's cement industry: A perspective from LMDI decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 821-832.
- Li, Li & Wang, Jianjun & Tan, Zhongfu & Ge, Xinquan & Zhang, Jian & Yun, Xiaozhe, 2014. "Policies for eliminating low-efficiency production capacities and improving energy efficiency of energy-intensive industries in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 312-326.
- Zhang, Wei & Li, Ke & Zhou, Dequn & Zhang, Wenrui & Gao, Hui, 2016. "Decomposition of intensity of energy-related CO2 emission in Chinese provinces using the LMDI method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 369-381.
More about this item
KeywordsIndex decomposition analysis ODEX VALDEX;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:11:p:6910-6918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.