A generalized Fisher index approach to energy decomposition analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Balk, Bert M, 1996. "Consistency-in-Aggregation and Stuvel Indices," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(3), pages 353-363, September.
- Ang, B.W. & Liu, F.L., 2001. "A new energy decomposition method: perfect in decomposition and consistent in aggregation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 537-548.
- Liu, F. L. & Ang, B. W., 2003. "Eight methods for decomposing the aggregate energy-intensity of industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 15-23, September.
- B. W. Ang & Ki-Hong Choi, 1997. "Decomposition of Aggregate Energy and Gas Emission Intensities for Industry: A Refined Divisia Index Method," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 59-73.
- Albrecht, Johan & Francois, Delphine & Schoors, Koen, 2002. "A Shapley decomposition of carbon emissions without residuals," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 727-736, July.
- Ang, B. W. & Liu, F. L. & Chew, E. P., 2003. "Perfect decomposition techniques in energy and environmental analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1561-1566, November.
- G. Boyd & J. F. McDonald & M. Ross & D. A. Hansont, 1987. "Separating the Changing Composition of U.S. Manufacturing Production from Energy Efficiency Improvements: A Divisia Index Approach," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 77-96.
- Ang, B.W. & Zhang, F.Q., 2000. "A survey of index decomposition analysis in energy and environmental studies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1149-1176.
- Chung, Hyun-Sik & Rhee, Hae-Chun, 2001. "A residual-free decomposition of the sources of carbon dioxide emissions: a case of the Korean industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 15-30.
- Gale A. Boyd and Joseph M. Roop, 2004. "A Note on the Fisher Ideal Index Decomposition for Structural Change in Energy Intensity," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 87-102.
- Claire P. Doblin, 1988. "Declining Energy Intensity in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 109-135.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Su, Bin & Ang, B.W., 2012. "Structural decomposition analysis applied to energy and emissions: Some methodological developments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 177-188.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 2006. "Decomposition analysis and the mean-rate-of-change index," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 185-198, March.
- Fernández, Esteban & Fernández, Paula, 2008. "An extension to Sun's decomposition methodology: The Path Based approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1020-1036, May.
- Fernández González, P. & Landajo, M. & Presno, M.J., 2014. "Tracking European Union CO2 emissions through LMDI (logarithmic-mean Divisia index) decomposition. The activity revaluation approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 741-750.
- Das, Aparna & Paul, Saikat Kumar, 2014. "CO2 emissions from household consumption in India between 1993–94 and 2006–07: A decomposition analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 90-105.
- Fernández González, P. & Presno, M.J. & Landajo, M., 2015. "Regional and sectoral attribution to percentage changes in the European Divisia carbonization index," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1437-1452.
- Carlino, Laurent & Coppens, François & González, Javier & Ortega, Manuel & Pérez-Duarte, Sébastien & Rubbrecht, Ilse & Vennix, Saskia, 2017. "Decomposition techniques for financial ratios of European non-financial listed groups," Statistics Paper Series 21, European Central Bank.
- Fernández González, P. & Landajo, M. & Presno, M.J., 2013. "The Divisia real energy intensity indices: Evolution and attribution of percent changes in 20 European countries from 1995 to 2010," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 340-349.
- Fernández González, P., 2015. "Exploring energy efficiency in several European countries. An attribution analysis of the Divisia structural change index," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 364-374.
- Seck, Gondia Sokhna & Guerassimoff, Gilles & Maïzi, Nadia, 2016. "Analysis of the importance of structural change in non-energy intensive industry for prospective modelling: The French case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 114-124.
- Ang, B.W. & Huang, H.C. & Mu, A.R., 2009. "Properties and linkages of some index decomposition analysis methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4624-4632, November.
- Akbar Ullah & Karim Khan & Munazza Akhtar, 2014. "Energy Intensity: A Decomposition Exercise for Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 53(4), pages 531-549.
- Cahill, Caiman J. & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Combining physical and economic output data to analyse energy and CO2 emissions trends in industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 422-429.
- de Boer, Paul, 2009. "Generalized Fisher index or Siegel-Shapley decomposition?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 810-814, September.
- Liu, Hong & Wang, Chang & Tian, Meiyu & Wen, Fenghua, 2019. "Analysis of regional difference decomposition of changes in energy consumption in China during 1995–2015," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 1139-1149.
- Cansino, José M. & Sánchez-Braza, Antonio & Rodríguez-Arévalo, María L., 2015. "Driving forces of Spain׳s CO2 emissions: A LMDI decomposition approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 749-759.
- González, Domingo & Martínez, Manuel, 2012. "Changes in CO2 emission intensities in the Mexican industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 149-163.
- Ang, B.W. & Wang, H., 2015. "Index decomposition analysis with multidimensional and multilevel energy data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 67-76.
- Mulder, Peter & de Groot, Henri L.F. & Pfeiffer, Birte, 2014.
"Dynamics and determinants of energy intensity in the service sector: A cross-country analysis, 1980–2005,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 1-15.
- Peter Mulder & Henri L.F. de Groot & Birte Pfeiffer, 2013. "Dynamics and Determinants of Energy Intensity in the Service Sector: A Cross-Country Analysis, 1980–2005," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-175/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Voigt, Sebastian & De Cian, Enrica & Schymura, Michael & Verdolini, Elena, 2014.
"Energy intensity developments in 40 major economies: Structural change or technology improvement?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 47-62.
- Enrica De Cian & Michael Schymura & Elena Verdolini & Sebastian Voigt, 2013. "Energy Intensity Developments in 40 Major Economies: Structural Change or Technology Improvement?," Working Papers 2013.38, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- De Cian, Enrica & Schymura, Michael & Verdolini, Elena & Voigt, Sebastian, 2013. "Energy intensity developments in 40 major economies: Structural change or technology improvement?," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-052, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- De Cian, Enrica & Schymura, Michael & Verdolini, Elena & Voigt, Sebastian, 2013. "Energy Intensity Developments in 40 Major Economies: Structural Change or Technology Improvement?," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 150369, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:26:y:2004:i:5:p:757-763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.