Performance of Indian power sector during a decade under restructuring: a critique
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- K.P. Kannan & N. Vijayamohanan Pillai, 2000. "Plight of the power sector in India: SEBs and their saga of inefficiency," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 308, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Pineau, Pierre-Olivier, 2002. "Electricity sector reform in Cameroon: is privatization the solution?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 999-1012, September.
- Karekezi, Stephen & Kimani, John, 2002. "Status of power sector reform in Africa: impact on the poor," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 923-945, September.
- Omar Chisari & Antonio Estache & Catherine Waddams Price, 2003.
"Access by the poor in Latin America's utility reform: subsidies and service obligations,"
Chapters,in: Utility Privatization and Regulation, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chisari, Omar O. & Estache, Antonio & Waddams Price, Catherine, 2001. "Access by the Poor in Latin America's Utility Reform Subsidies and Service Obligations," WIDER Working Paper Series 075, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Antonio Estache & Omar Chisari & Catherine Waddams Price, 2003. "Access by the poor in Latin America's utility reform: Subsidies and service obligations," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44068, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shrivastava, Naveen & Sharma, Seema & Chauhan, Kavita, 2012. "Efficiency assessment and benchmarking of thermal power plants in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 159-176.
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2008. "Providing electricity access to remote areas in India: An approach towards identifying potential areas for decentralized electricity supply," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1187-1220, June.
- Ram Sahi & Najib Khan, 2011. "Evolution of India’s Electricity Market Deregulation and Private Sector Investment in the Power Sector(withdrawn for review)," Carleton Economic Papers 11-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Narendar Pani, 2015. "Towards a location-sensitive policy for manufacturing in Karnataka," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 17(1), pages 50-65, April.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Llorca, Manuel & Khetrapal, Pavan & Thakur, Tripta, 2018. "Institutions and Performance of Regulated Firms: Evidence from Electric Utilities in the Indian States," Efficiency Series Papers 2018/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Thakur, Tripta & Deshmukh, S.G. & Kaushik, S.C., 2006. "Efficiency evaluation of the state owned electric utilities in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2788-2804, November.
- Tankha, Sunil & Misal, Annasahed B. & Fuller, Boyd W., 2010. "Getting reforms done in inhospitable institutional environments: untying a Gordian Knot in India's power distribution sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7121-7129, November.
- Totare, Ninad P. & Pandit, Shubha, 2010. "Power sector reform in Maharashtra, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7082-7092, November.
- Ruet, Joel, 2006. "Optimal timing in the privatisation of a utility in an emerging country: the case of electricity distribution in Delhi," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2702-2718, November.
- Kundu, Goutam Kumar & Mishra, Bidhu Bhusan, 2012. "Impact of reform and privatisation on employees a case study of power sector reform in Orissa, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 252-262.
- Kundu, Goutam Kumar & Mishra, Bidhu Bhusan, 2011. "Impact of reform and privatization on consumers: A case study of power sector reform in Orissa, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3537-3549, June.
- Srivastava, Govind & Kathuria, Vinish, 2014. "Utility reforms in developing countries: Learning from the experiences of Delhi," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-16.
- Yadav, Vinod Kumar & Padhy, N.P. & Gupta, H.O., 2010. "A micro level study of an Indian electric utility for efficiency enhancement," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4053-4063.
- Yadav, Vinod Kumar & Padhy, N.P. & Gupta, H.O., 2011. "Performance evaluation and improvement directions for an Indian electric utility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7112-7120.
- Mukherjee, Shilpi & Dhingra, Tarun & Sengupta, Anirban, 2017. "Status of Electricity Act, 2003: A systematic review of literature," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 237-248.
- Michaël Aklin & Patrick Bayer & S. Harish & Johannes Urpelainen, 2014. "Information and energy policy preferences: a survey experiment on public opinion about electricity pricing reform in rural India," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 305-327, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:33:y:2005:i:4:p:563-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.