Oil price risk exposure: The case of the U.S. Travel and Leisure Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lutz Kilian & Cheolbeom Park, 2009.
"The Impact Of Oil Price Shocks On The U.S. Stock Market,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1267-1287, November.
- Kilian, Lutz & Park, Cheolbeom, 2007. "The Impact of Oil Price Shocks on the U.S. Stock Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 6166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boyer, M. Martin & Filion, Didier, 2007.
"Common and fundamental factors in stock returns of Canadian oil and gas companies,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 428-453, May.
- M. Martin Boyer & Didier Filion, 2004. "Common and Fundamental Factors in Stock Returns of Canadian Oil and Gas Companies," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-62, CIRANO.
- Park, Jungwook & Ratti, Ronald A., 2008. "Oil price shocks and stock markets in the U.S. and 13 European countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2587-2608, September.
- Driesprong, Gerben & Jacobsen, Ben & Maat, Benjamin, 2008. "Striking oil: Another puzzle?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 307-327, August.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:14:y:2011:i:01:n:s0219091511002159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yanbo Jin & Philippe Jorion, 2006. "Firm Value and Hedging: Evidence from U.S. Oil and Gas Producers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 893-919, April.
- Knut Anton Mork, 1994. "Business Cycles and the Oil Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 15-38.
- Sunil Mohanty & Aigbe Akhigbe & Tawfeek Al-Khyal & Turki Bugshan, 2013. "Oil and stock market activity when prices go up and down: the case of the oil and gas industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 253-272, August.
- Hahn, Jaehoon & Lee, Hangyong, 2006. "Yield Spreads as Alternative Risk Factors for Size and Book-to-Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(02), pages 245-269, June.
- Mohan Nandha & Robert Brooks, 2009. "Oil prices and transport sector returns: an international analysis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 393-409, November.
- Peter Tufano, 1998. "The Determinants of Stock Price Exposure: Financial Engineering and the Gold Mining Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1015-1052, June.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Akhigbe, Aigbe & Mohanty, Sunil K., 2012. "Oil price shocks and transportation firm asset prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1370-1379.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008. "The Economic Effects of Energy Price Shocks," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 871-909, December.
- Maria Vassalou & Yuhang Xing, 2004. "Default Risk in Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 831-868, April.
- James D. Hamilton, 2009. "Understanding Crude Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 179-206.
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Sunil K. Mohanty & Mohan Nandha, 2011. "Oil Risk Exposure: The Case of the U.S. Oil and Gas Sector," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 165-191, February.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2001. "Risk factors in stock returns of Canadian oil and gas companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 17-28, January.
- Egon Smeral, 2009. "The Impact of the Financial and Economic Crisis on European Tourism," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 82(3), pages 195-208, March.
- Lutz Kilian, 2009.
"Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1053-1069, June.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2006. "Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 5994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1993.
"The Present Value Model of Rational Commodity Pricing,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(418), pages 511-530, May.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1991. "The present value model of rational commodity pricing," Working papers 3354-91., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1992. "The Present Value Model of Rational Commodity Pricing," NBER Working Papers 4083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nandha, Mohan & Faff, Robert, 2008. "Does oil move equity prices? A global view," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 986-997, May.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 1999. "Oil price shocks and stock market activity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 449-469, October.
- He, Jia & Ng, Lilian K, 1994. "Economic Forces, Fundamental Variables, and Equity Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67(4), pages 599-609, October.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam, 1996. " Oil and the Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 463-491, June.
- Sridhar Gogineni, 2010. "Oil and the Stock Market: An Industry Level Analysis," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 995-1010, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristjanpoller, Werner D. & Concha, Diego, 2016. "Impact of fuel price fluctuations on airline stock returns," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 496-504.
- Demirer, Rıza & Jategaonkar, Shrikant P. & Khalifa, Ahmed A.A., 2015.
"Oil price risk exposure and the cross-section of stock returns: The case of net exporting countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 132-140.
- Riza Demirer & Shrikant P. Jategaonka & Ahmed Khalifa, 2014. "Oil Price Risk Exposure and the Cross-section of Stock Returns: The Case of Net Exporting Countries," Working Papers 858, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Huang, Shupei & An, Haizhong & Gao, Xiangyun & Sun, Xiaoqi, 2017. "Do oil price asymmetric effects on the stock market persist in multiple time horizons?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P2), pages 1799-1808.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-04-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanusi, Muhammad Surajo & Ahmad, Farooq, 2016. "Modelling oil and gas stock returns using multi factor asset pricing model including oil price exposure," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 89-99.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Riza Demirer & Talat Ulussever, 2016. "Does speculation in the oil market drive investor herding in net exporting nations?," Working Papers 15-29, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Shaeri, Komeil & Adaoglu, Cahit & Katircioglu, Salih T., 2016. "Oil price risk exposure: A comparison of financial and non-financial subsectors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 712-723.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:50-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ravaghi-Ardebili, Zohreh & Manenti, Flavio, 2015. "Unified modeling and feasibility study of novel green pathway of biomass to methanol/dimethylether," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 278-294.
- Alaali, Fatema, 2017. "Analysing the Effect of Oil Price Shocks on Asset Prices: evidence from UK firms," MPRA Paper 78013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsOil price risk exposure; Oil beta; Tourism and Leisure Industry;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:41:y:2014:i:c:p:117-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.