Modeling choice of fuelwood source among rural households in Malawi: A multinomial probit analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Linde-Rahr, 2003. "Property Rights and Deforestation: The Choice of Fuelwood Source in Rural Viet Nam," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 79(2), pages 217-234.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Wise, David A, 1978.
"A Conditional Probit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 403-426, March.
- J. A. Hausman & D. A. Wise, 1976. "A Conditional Profit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences," Working papers 173, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, May.
- Jumbe, Charles B.L. & Angelsen, Arild, 2007. "Forest dependence and participation in CPR management: Empirical evidence from forest co-management in Malawi," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 661-672, May.
- Zulu, Leo Charles, 2010. "The forbidden fuel: Charcoal, urban woodfuel demand and supply dynamics, community forest management and woodfuel policy in Malawi," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3717-3730, July.
- Arnold, J.E. Michael & Kohlin, Gunnar & Persson, Reidar, 2006. "Woodfuels, livelihoods, and policy interventions: Changing Perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 596-611, March.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2005. "Factors determining household fuel choice in Guatemala," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 337-361, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lay, Jann & Ondraczek, Janosch & Stoever, Jana, 2013.
"Renewables in the energy transition: Evidence on solar home systems and lighting fuel choice in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 350-359.
- Jann Lay & Janosch Ondraczek & Jana Stoever, 2012. "Renewables in the Energy Transition: Evidence on Solar Home Systems and Lighting-Fuel Choice in Kenya," GIGA Working Paper Series 198, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Lay, Jann & Ondraczek, Janosch & Stöver, Jana, 2012. "Renewables in the energy transition: Evidence on solar home systems and lighting fuel choice in Kenya," HWWI Research Papers 121, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Janosch Ondraczek & Jann Lay & Jana Stoever, 2012. "Renewables in the energy transition - Evidence on solar home systems and lighting fuel choice in Kenya," Working Papers FNU-198, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2012.
"Urban energy transition and technology adoption: The case of Tigrai, northern Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 410-418.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010. "Urban Energy Transition and Technology Adoption: The Case of Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-10-22-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Jumbe, Charles B.L. & Mkondiwa, Maxwell, 2013. "Comparative analysis of biofuels policy development in Sub-Saharan Africa: The place of private and public sectors," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 614-620.
- Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Das, Sukanya & De Groote, Hugo & Behera, Bhagirath, 2014. "Determinants of household energy use in Bhutan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 661-672.
- Kaunda, Chiyembekezo S., 2013. "Energy situation, potential and application status of small-scale hydropower systems in Malawi," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-19.
- St. Clair, Priscilla Cooke, 2016. "Community forest management, gender and fuelwood collection in rural Nepal," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 52-71.
- Jean Hugues Nlom & Aziz A. Karimov, 2015.
"Modeling Fuel Choice among Households in Northern Cameroon,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-11, July.
- Nlom, Jean Hugues & Karimov, Aziz, 2014. "Modeling fuel choice among households in northern Cameroon," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mensah, Justice Tei & Adu, George, 2015.
"An empirical analysis of household energy choice in Ghana,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1402-1411.
- Mensah, Justice T. & Adu, George, 2012. "An Empirical Analysis Of Household Energy Choice In Ghana," Working Paper Series 2013:6, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2018. "Household Fuel Use in Rural China," Working Papers halshs-01735847, HAL.
- repec:ove:journl:aid:11341 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:114:y:2018:i:c:p:598-608 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jagger, Pamela & Shively, Gerald, 2014. "Land use change, fuel use and respiratory health in Uganda," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 713-726.
- Beyene, Abebe D. & Koch, Steven F., 2013. "Property rights, institutions and choice of fuelwood source in rural Ethiopia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 30-38.
- Lefebvre, M. & Biguzzi, C. & Ginon, E. & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio & Langrell, S. R. H. & Marette, S. & Mateu, G. & Sutan, A., 2015. "Mandatory Integrated Pest Management in the European Union: Experimental insights on consumers' reactions," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212038, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- KOKOYE, Senakpon & JOLLY, Curtis.M. & MOLNAR, Joseph & SHANNON, Dennis & BAYARD, Budry, 2016. "Adoption And Impact Of Soil Conservation Practices On Farm Income: Evidence From Northern Haiti," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230145, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jagger, Pamela & Jumbe, Charles, 2016. "Stoves or sugar? Willingness to adopt improved cookstoves in Malawi," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 409-419.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:14-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zenebe, Gebreegziabher & Oskam, Arie J. & Bayou, Demeke, 2010. "Urban Fuel Demand in Ethiopia: an Almost-Ideal Demand System Approach," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 19(1).
More about this item
KeywordsLocal forest management Biomass Multinomial probit analysis Fuelwood Malawi;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:33:y:2011:i:5:p:732-738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.