Deregulation of the Nordic power market and environmental policy
A common Nordic power market will reduce total CO2 emissions in the Nordic countries as compared to a situation of autarky and, thus, reduce the aggregate cost of complying to strict national CO2 emission targets. A common market for CO2 emissions permits may reduce the aggregate cost further, but this cost reduction will be smaller the harsher the CO2 emission constraints are.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amundsen, Eirik Schroder & Bjorndalen, Jorgen & Rasmussen, Heine, 1994. "Export of Norwegian hydropower under a common European regime of environmental taxes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 271-280, October.
- Bo Andersson & Lars Bergman, 1995. "Market Structure and the Price of Electricity: An Ex Ante Analysis of the Deregulated Swedish Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 97-110.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Lønning, Dag & Rasmussen, Heine, 1995. "An Analysis of International CO2 agreements," MPRA Paper 10753, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergman, Lars & Andersson, Bo, 1995. "Market Structure and the Price of Electricity: An ex ante Analysis of the deregulated Swedish Electricity Market," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 47, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Kjetil Bjorvatn & Sigve Tjotta, 1993. "Deregulation and Common Carriage in the Nordic Power System," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 57-74.
- Eirik Amundsen & Sigve Tjotta, 1997. "Trade and price variation in an integrated European power market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 745-757.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:21:y:1999:i:5:p:417-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.