Deregulation of the Nordic power market and environmental policy
A common Nordic power market will reduce total CO2 emissions in the Nordic countries as compared to a situation of autarky and, thus, reduce the aggregate cost of complying to strict national CO2 emission targets. A common market for CO2 emissions permits may reduce the aggregate cost further, but this cost reduction will be smaller the harsher the CO2 emission constraints are.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kjetil Bjorvatn & Sigve Tjotta, 1993. "Deregulation and Common Carriage in the Nordic Power System," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 57-74.
- Amundsen, Eirik S. & Lønning, Dag & Rasmussen, Heine, 1995. "An Analysis of International CO2 agreements," MPRA Paper 10753, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergman, Lars & Andersson, Bo, 1995. "Market Structure and the Price of Electricity: An ex ante Analysis of the deregulated Swedish Electricity Market," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 47, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Bo Andersson & Lars Bergman, 1995. "Market Structure and the Price of Electricity: An Ex Ante Analysis of the Deregulated Swedish Electricity Market," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 97-110.
- Eirik Amundsen & Sigve Tjotta, 1997. "Trade and price variation in an integrated European power market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 745-757.
- Amundsen, Eirik Schroder & Bjorndalen, Jorgen & Rasmussen, Heine, 1994. "Export of Norwegian hydropower under a common European regime of environmental taxes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 271-280, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:21:y:1999:i:5:p:417-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.