Tests of asset-pricing models: how important is the iid-normal assumption?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghysels, Eric & Hall, Alastair, 1990.
"A Test for Structural Stability of Euler Conditions Parameters Estimated via the Generalized Method of Moments Estimator,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 355-364, May.
- Ghysels, E & Hall, A., 1988. "A Test For Structural Stability Of Euler Conditions Parameters Estimated Via The Generalized Methods Of Moments Estimators," Cahiers de recherche 8837, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jeremy Berkowitz & Lutz Kilian, 2000.
"Recent developments in bootstrapping time series,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 1-48.
- Jeremy Berkowitz & Lutz Kilian, "undated". "Recent Developments in Bootstrapping Time Series," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-45, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jeremy Berkowitz & Lutz Kilian, 1996. "Recent developments in bootstrapping time series," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-45, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- McElroy, Marjorie B. & Burmeister, Edwin & Wall, Kent D., 1985. "Two estimators for the apt model when factors are measured," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 271-275.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Pagan, Adrian R, 1989.
"Post-Sample Prediction Tests for Generalized Method of Moments Estimators,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(3), pages 333-343, August.
- Hoffman, D. & Pagan, A., 1988. "Post-Sample Prediction Tests For Generalized Method Of Moment Estimators," RCER Working Papers 129, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Nicolaas Groenewold, 1997. "Share Prices and Macroeconomic Factors," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(9&10), pages 1367-1383.
- Beenstock, Michael & Chan, Kam-Fai, 1988. "Economic Forces in the London Stock Market," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Clare, A. D. & Smith, P. N. & Thomas, S. H., 1997. "UK stock returns and robust tests of mean variance efficiency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 641-660, May.
- Andrew Clare & Raymond O'Brien & Stephen Thomas & Michael Wickens, "undated". "Macroeconomic Shocks and the Domestic CAPM: Evidence from the UK Stock Market," Discussion Papers 94/10, Department of Economics, University of York.
- R.W. Faff & R.D. Brooks, 1998. "Time-varying Beta Risk for Australian Industry Portfolios: An Exploratory Analysis," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5&6), pages 721-745.
- Campbell, John Y, 1993.
"Intertemporal Asset Pricing without Consumption Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 487-512, June.
- John Y. Campbell, 1992. "Intertemporal Asset Pricing Without Consumption Data," NBER Working Papers 3989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John, 1993. "Intertemporal Asset Pricing Without Consumption Data," Scholarly Articles 3221491, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Richardson, Matthew & Smith, Tom, 1993. "A Test for Multivariate Normality in Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(2), pages 295-321, April.
- Gibbons, Michael R., 1982. "Multivariate tests of financial models : A new approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Cumby, Robert E., 1990. "Consumption risk and international equity returns: some empirical evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 182-192, June.
- Engel, Charles & Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Froot, Kenneth A. & Rodrigues, Anthony P., 1995. "Tests of conditional mean-variance efficiency of the U.S. stock market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Campbell, John Y., 1987. "Stock returns and the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 373-399, June.
- McElroy, Marjorie B & Burmeister, Edwin, 1988. "Arbitrage Pricing Theory as a Restricted Nonlinear Multivariate Regression Model: Iterated Nonlinear Seemingly Unrelated Regression Estimates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 6(1), pages 29-42, January.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Terence Mills & J. Andrew Coutts, 1996. "Misspecification testing and robust estimation of the market model: estimating betas for the FT-SE industry baskets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 319-331.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cauchie, Severine & Hoesli, Martin & Isakov, Dusan, 2004.
"The determinants of stock returns in a small open economy,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 167-185.
- Séverine CAUCHIE & Martin HOESLI & Dušan ISAKOV, 2003. "The Determinants of Stock Returns in a Small Open Economy," FAME Research Paper Series rp54, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Marie-Claude BEAULIEU & Jean-Marie DUFOUR & Lynda KHALAF, 2002.
"Testing Mean-Variance Efficiency In Capm With Possibly Non-Gaussian Errors : An Exact Simulation-Based Approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
17-2002, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & Beaulieu, Marie-Claude & Khalaf, Lynda, 2003. "Testing mean-variance efficiency in CAPM with possibly non-gaussian errors: an exact simulation-based approach," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,01, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- BEAULIEU, Marie-Claude & DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & KHALAF, Lynda., 2002. "Testing Mean-Variance Efficiency in CAPM with Possibly Non-Gaussian Errors : An Exact Simulation-Based Approach," Cahiers de recherche 2002-17, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marie-Claude Beaulieu & Jean-Marie Dufour & Lynda Khalaf, 2002. "Testing Mean-Variance Efficiency in CAPM with Possibly Non-Gaussian Errors: an Exact Simulation-Based Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-85, CIRANO.
- Beaulieu, Marie-Claude & Dufour, Jean-Marie & Khalaf, Lynda, 2010. "Asset-pricing anomalies and spanning: Multivariate and multifactor tests with heavy-tailed distributions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 763-782, September.
- Enrique Sentana, 2009.
"The econometrics of mean-variance efficiency tests: a survey,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(3), pages C65-C101, November.
- Iqbal, Javed & Brooks, Robert & Galagedera, Don UA, 2007. "Robust Tests of the Lower Partial Moment Asset Pricing Model in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 25349, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2007.
- Majumder, Debasish, 2014. "Asset pricing for inefficient markets: Evidence from China and India," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 282-291.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:8:y:2001:i:4:p:427-449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.