Mitigating contagion risk by investing in the safety of rivals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crafton, Steven M & Hoffer, George E & Reilly, Robert J, 1981. "Testing the Impact of Recalls on the Demand for Automobiles," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 694-703, October.
- Robert Swinney & Serguei Netessine, 2009. "Long-Term Contracts Under the Threat of Supplier Default," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 109-127, September.
- Reilly, Robert J & Hoffer, George E, 1983. "Will Retarding the Information Flow on Automobile Recalls Affect Consumer Demand?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(3), pages 444-447, July.
- Debanjan Mitra & Peter N. Golder, 2006. "How Does Objective Quality Affect Perceived Quality? Short-Term Effects, Long-Term Effects, and Asymmetries," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 230-247, 05-06.
- Easton, George S & Jarrell, Sherry L, 1998. "The Effects of Total Quality Management on Corporate Performance: An Empirical Investigation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(2), pages 253-307, April.
- Dowdell, Thomas D. & Govindaraj, Suresh & Jain, Prem C., 1992. "The Tylenol Incident, Ensuing Regulation, and Stock Prices," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 283-301, June.
- Stanley Baiman & Paul E. Fischer & Madhav V. Rajan, 2000. "Information, Contracting, and Quality Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(6), pages 776-789, June.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 2001. "The Long-Run Stock Price Performance of Firms with Effective TQM Programs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(3), pages 359-368, March.
- William Boulding & Ajay Kalra & Richard Staelin, 1999. "The Quality Double Whammy," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 463-484.
- Suzanne Treville & Norman Schürhoff & Lenos Trigeorgis & Benjamin Avanzi, 2014. "Optimal Sourcing and Lead-Time Reduction under Evolutionary Demand Risk," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 23(12), pages 2103-2117, December.
- Aadhaar Chaturvedi & Victor Martínez-de-Albéniz, 2011. "Optimal Procurement Design in the Presence of Supply Risk," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 227-243, May.
- Yimin Wang & Wendell Gilland & Brian Tomlin, 2010. "Mitigating Supply Risk: Dual Sourcing or Process Improvement?," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 489-510, September.
- Andreas Breiter & Arnd Huchzermeier, 2015. "Promotion Planning and Supply Chain Contracting in a High–Low Pricing Environment," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 24(2), pages 219-236, February.
- Xie, Gang & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, K.K., 2011. "Quality improvement in competing supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 262-270, November.
- Esther Gal-Or & Anindya Ghose, 2005.
"The Economic Incentives for Sharing Security Information,"
Information Systems Research,
INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Esther Gal-Or & Anindya Ghose, 2005. "The Economic Incentives for Sharing Security Information," Industrial Organization 0503004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Inder Khosla & Kingshuk K. Sinha, 1998. "Quality and Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(9), pages 1179-1192, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Shan & Wang, Lin & Huang, Wei (Wayne), 2017. "Effects of process and outcome controls on business process outsourcing performance: Moderating roles of vendor and client capability risks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(3), pages 1115-1128.
More about this item
KeywordsAnalytics; Behavioral OR; Supply Chain Risk Management; Contagion Risk; Safety Investment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:254:y:2016:i:3:p:935-945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.