The Economic Incentives for Sharing Security Information
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Esther Gal-Or & Anindya Ghose, 2005. "The Economic Incentives for Sharing Security Information," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 186-208, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1133-1137, December.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, 1988. "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 823, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Roger B. Myerson, 1978. "Optimal Auction Design," Discussion Papers 362, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "Comparing Optima: Do Simplifying Assumptions Affect Conclusions?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 607-615, June.
- Gal-Or, Esther, 1985. "Information Sharing in Oligopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 329-343, March.
- Timothy W. McGuire & Richard Staelin, 1983. "An Industry Equilibrium Analysis of Downstream Vertical Integration," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 161-191.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1979.
"Incentive Compatibility and the Bargaining Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1977. "Incentive Compatability and the Bargaining Problem," Discussion Papers 284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myerson, Roger B. & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1983. "Efficient mechanisms for bilateral trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1988. "Competitive Promotional Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 427-449, October.
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Loeb, Martin P. & Lucyshyn, William, 2003. "Sharing information on computer systems security: An economic analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 461-485.
- Groves, Theodore & Loeb, Martin, 1975. "Incentives and public inputs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 211-226, August.
- Carl Shapiro, 1986. "Exchange of Cost Information in Oligopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 433-446.
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-631, July.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How can we co-operate to tackle phishing?
by Tyler Moore in Light Blue Touchpaper on 2008-10-27 17:47:06
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:igtrxx:v:19:y:2017:i:02:n:s0219198917500104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schilling, Andreas & Werners, Brigitte, 2016. "Optimal selection of IT security safeguards from an existing knowledge base," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(1), pages 318-327.
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2013. "Information Security Investment When Hackers Disseminate Knowledge," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 352-368, December.
- Huseyin Cavusoglu & Hasan Cavusoglu, 2007. "Assessing the Value of Network Security Technologies: The Impact of Configuration and Interaction on Value," Working Papers 07-19, NET Institute, revised Aug 2007.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:9:y:2007:i:5:d:10.1007_s10796-007-9052-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reensy:v:100:y:2012:i:c:p:19-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2014. "A game-theoretic analysis of information sharing and security investment for complementary firms," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 65(11), pages 1682-1691, November.
- Alfredo Garcia & Barry Horowitz, 2007. "The potential for underinvestment in internet security: implications for regulatory policy," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 37-55, February.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:17:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s10796-013-9411-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong, 2016. "Economic incentives in security information sharing: the effects of market structures," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 361-377, December.
- Yosra Miaoui & Noureddine Boudriga, 0. "Enterprise security investment through time when facing different types of vulnerabilities," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-40.
- Hausken, Kjell, 2008. "Strategic defense and attack for series and parallel reliability systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 856-881, April.
- Nizovtsev, Dmitri & Thursby, Marie, 2007. "To disclose or not? An analysis of software user behavior," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 43-64, March.
- repec:spr:jglopt:v:70:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10898-017-0585-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Karthik Kannan & Rahul Telang, 2005. "Market for Software Vulnerabilities? Think Again," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 726-740, May.
- Fabio BISOGNI & Simona CAVALLINI & Sara DI TROCCHIO, 2011. "Cybersecurity at European Level: The Role of Information Availability," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(81), pages 105-124, 1st quart.
- Azimian, Alireza & Kilgour, D. Marc & Noori, Hamid, 2016. "Mitigating contagion risk by investing in the safety of rivals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(3), pages 935-945.
- repec:gam:jgames:v:8:y:2017:i:2:p:23-:d:99623 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology Investment; Information Sharing; Security Breaches; Externality Benefit; Spillover Effect; Social Welfare;
- L - Industrial Organization
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0503004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .