The Economic Incentives for Sharing Security Information
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Esther Gal-Or & Anindya Ghose, 2005. "The Economic Incentives for Sharing Security Information," Industrial Organization 0503004, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1133-1137, December.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, 1988. "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 823, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Roger B. Myerson, 1978. "Optimal Auction Design," Discussion Papers 362, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Milgrom, Paul, 1994. "Comparing Optima: Do Simplifying Assumptions Affect Conclusions?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 607-615, June.
- Gal-Or, Esther, 1985. "Information Sharing in Oligopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 329-343, March.
- Timothy W. McGuire & Richard Staelin, 1983. "An Industry Equilibrium Analysis of Downstream Vertical Integration," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 161-191.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1979.
"Incentive Compatibility and the Bargaining Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1977. "Incentive Compatability and the Bargaining Problem," Discussion Papers 284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myerson, Roger B. & Satterthwaite, Mark A., 1983. "Efficient mechanisms for bilateral trading," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 265-281, April.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1988. "Competitive Promotional Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 427-449, October.
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Loeb, Martin P. & Lucyshyn, William, 2003. "Sharing information on computer systems security: An economic analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 461-485.
- Groves, Theodore & Loeb, Martin, 1975. "Incentives and public inputs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 211-226, August.
- Carl Shapiro, 1986. "Exchange of Cost Information in Oligopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 433-446.
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-631, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:igtrxx:v:19:y:2017:i:02:n:s0219198917500104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schilling, Andreas & Werners, Brigitte, 2016. "Optimal selection of IT security safeguards from an existing knowledge base," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(1), pages 318-327.
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2013. "Information Security Investment When Hackers Disseminate Knowledge," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 352-368, December.
- Hausken, Kjell, 2008. "Strategic defense and attack for series and parallel reliability systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 856-881, April.
- Nizovtsev, Dmitri & Thursby, Marie, 2007. "To disclose or not? An analysis of software user behavior," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 43-64, March.
- Huseyin Cavusoglu & Hasan Cavusoglu, 2007. "Assessing the Value of Network Security Technologies: The Impact of Configuration and Interaction on Value," Working Papers 07-19, NET Institute, revised Aug 2007.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:9:y:2007:i:5:d:10.1007_s10796-007-9052-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reensy:v:100:y:2012:i:c:p:19-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jglopt:v:70:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10898-017-0585-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2014. "A game-theoretic analysis of information sharing and security investment for complementary firms," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 65(11), pages 1682-1691, November.
- Karthik Kannan & Rahul Telang, 2005. "Market for Software Vulnerabilities? Think Again," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 726-740, May.
- Alfredo Garcia & Barry Horowitz, 2007. "The potential for underinvestment in internet security: implications for regulatory policy," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 37-55, February.
- Fabio BISOGNI & Simona CAVALLINI & Sara DI TROCCHIO, 2011. "Cybersecurity at European Level: The Role of Information Availability," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(81), pages 105-124, 1st quart.
- Azimian, Alireza & Kilgour, D. Marc & Noori, Hamid, 2016. "Mitigating contagion risk by investing in the safety of rivals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(3), pages 935-945.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:17:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s10796-013-9411-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jgames:v:8:y:2017:i:2:p:23-:d:99623 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xing Gao & Weijun Zhong, 2016. "Economic incentives in security information sharing: the effects of market structures," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 361-377, December.
- Charles Z. Liu & Humayun Zafar & Yoris A. Au, 2013. "Rethinking Fs-Isac: An It Security Information Sharing Model For The Financial Services Sector," Working Papers 0209is, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Yosra Miaoui & Noureddine Boudriga, 0. "Enterprise security investment through time when facing different types of vulnerabilities," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-40.
More about this item
Keywordssecurity technology investment; information sharing; security breaches; externality benefit; social welfare; spillover effect;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:orisre:v:16:y:2005:i:2:p:186-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.