How to solve a semi-infinite optimization problem
After an introduction to main ideas of semi-infinite optimization, this article surveys recent developments in theory and numerical methods for standard and generalized semi-infinite optimization problems. Particular attention is paid to connections with mathematical programs with complementarity constraints, lower level Wolfe duality, semi-smooth approaches, as well as branch and bound techniques in adaptive convexification procedures. A section on recent genericity results includes a discussion of the symmetry effect in generalized semi-infinite optimization.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winterfeld, Anton, 2008. "Application of general semi-infinite programming to lapidary cutting problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(3), pages 838-854, December.
- Stein, Oliver & Still, Georg, 2002. "On generalized semi-infinite optimization and bilevel optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(3), pages 444-462, November.
- Kanzi, N. & Nobakhtian, S., 2010. "Necessary optimality conditions for nonsmooth generalized semi-infinite programming problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(2), pages 253-261, September.
- Ralf Werner, 2008. "Cascading: an adjusted exchange method for robust conic programming," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 179-189, June.
- Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber & Aysun Tezel, 2007. "On generalized semi-infinite optimization of genetic networks," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 65-77, July.
- Harald Günzel & Hubertus Jongen & Oliver Stein, 2007. "On the closure of the feasible set in generalized semi-infinite programming," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 271-280, September.
- Still, G., 1999. "Generalized semi-infinite programming: Theory and methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 119(2), pages 301-313, December.
- Lopez, Marco & Still, Georg, 2007. "Semi-infinite programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(2), pages 491-518, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:223:y:2012:i:2:p:312-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.