Nonconvex piecewise linear knapsack problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul H. Zipkin, 1980. "Simple Ranking Methods for Allocation of One Resource," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 34-43, January.
- Kameshwaran, S. & Narahari, Y. & Rosa, Charles H. & Kulkarni, Devadatta M. & Tew, Jeffrey D., 2007. "Multiattribute electronic procurement using goal programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(2), pages 518-536, June.
- Dudzinski, Krzysztof & Walukiewicz, Stanislaw, 1987. "Exact methods for the knapsack problem and its generalizations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Bretthauer, Kurt M. & Shetty, Bala, 2002. "The nonlinear knapsack problem - algorithms and applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(3), pages 459-472, May.
- Keely L. Croxton & Bernard Gendron & Thomas L. Magnanti, 2003. "A Comparison of Mixed-Integer Programming Models for Nonconvex Piecewise Linear Cost Minimization Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(9), pages 1268-1273, September.
- Gabriel R. Bitran & Arnoldo C. Hax, 1981. "Disaggregation and Resource Allocation Using Convex Knapsack Problems with Bounded Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 431-441, April.
- Richard Bellman, 1957. "On a Dynamic Programming Approach to the Caterer Problem--I," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 270-278, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christensen, Tue R.L. & Labbé, Martine, 2015. "A branch-cut-and-price algorithm for the piecewise linear transportation problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 645-655.
- Borodin, Valeria & Dolgui, Alexandre & Hnaien, Faicel & Labadie, Nacima, 2016. "Component replenishment planning for a single-level assembly system under random lead times: A chance constrained programming approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PA), pages 79-86.
- Hu, Qian & Lim, Andrew & Zhu, Wenbin, 2015. "The two-dimensional vector packing problem with piecewise linear cost function," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 43-53.
- Srivastava, Vaibhav & Bullo, Francesco, 2014. "Knapsack problems with sigmoid utilities: Approximation algorithms via hybrid optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(2), pages 488-498.
- Ram Kumar P N, 2013. "On Modeling The Step Fixed-Charge Transportation Problem," Working papers 134, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Wang, Kai & Wang, Shuaian & Zhen, Lu & Qu, Xiaobo, 2017. "Cruise service planning considering berth availability and decreasing marginal profit," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 1-18.
More about this item
KeywordsPiecewise linear knapsack problem Precedence constrained knapsack problem Multiple choice knapsack problem Linear relaxation Dynamic programming Convex envelope Approximation algorithm Fully polynomial time approximation scheme;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:1:p:56-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.