Communications and economic growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Maddison, Angus, 1987. "Growth and Slowdown in Advanced Capitalist Economies: Techniques of Quantitative Assessment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 649-698, June.
- Freeman, Chris, 1994. "The Economics of Technical Change," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 463-514, October.
- Leonard M. Dudley, 1995. "Space, Time, Number: Harold A. Innis as Evolutionary Theorist," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 754-769, November.
- De Long, J Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei, 1993.
"Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 671-702, October.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," Scholarly Articles 3451302, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," NBER Working Papers 4274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Greif, Avner & Milgrom, Paul & Weingast, Barry R, 1994. "Coordination, Commitment, and Enforcement: The Case of the Merchant Guild," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 745-776, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesca Masciarelli, 2006. "Wilfred Dolfsma and Luc Soete, Understanding the Dynamics of a Knowledge Economy," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 10(4), pages 463-468, November.
- Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "Information Technology and India’s Economic Development," Development and Comp Systems 0412007, EconWPA.
- Kopp, Andreas, 1999. "Direct Communication, Costs of Networking and Localisation of Technical Knowledge," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa386, European Regional Science Association.
- BLUM, Ulrich & DUDLEY, Leonard, 2001. "Religion and Economic Growth: Was Weber Right?," Cahiers de recherche 2001-05, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Cowan, Robin & Jonard, Nicolas, 2004. "Information Technology and the Dynamics of Joint Innovation," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000.
"Does the "New Economy" Measure Up to the Great Inventions of the Past?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 49-74, Fall.
- Gordon, Robert J, 2000. "Does the 'New Economy' Measure up to the Great Inventions of the Past?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2607, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000. "Does the "New Economy" Measure up to the Great Inventions of the Past?," NBER Working Papers 7833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Volckart, 2006. "The Influence of Information Costs on the Integration of Financial Markets: Northern Europe, 1350-1560," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-049, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ulrich Witt & Tom Broekel & Thomas Brenner, 2012.
"Knowledge and its Economic Characteristics: A Conceptual Clarification,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Knowledge and Economics, chapter 16
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ulrich Witt & Tom Broekel & Thomas Brenner, 2007. "Knowledge and its Economic Characteristics - A Conceptual Clarification," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-013, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Dolfsma, Wilfred, 2005.
"Towards a dynamic (Schumpeterian) welfare economics,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Dolfsma, W.A., 2004. "Towards a Dynamic (Schumpeterian) Welfare Economics," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-026-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Amigues, Jean-Pierre & Favard, Pascal & Gaudet, Gerard & Moreaux, Michel, 1998.
"On the Optimal Order of Natural Resource Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute Is Limited,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 153-170, May.
- Amigues, J-P & Favard, P & Gaudet, G & Moreaux, M, 1996. "On the Optimal Order of Natural Resource Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute is Limited," Cahiers de recherche 9628, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Amigues, J-P & Favard, P. & Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M, 1996. "On the Optimal Order of Natural Resource Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute is Limited," Cahiers de recherche 9628, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Amigues, J.-P. & Favard, P. & Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M., 1996. "On The Optimal Order of Natural Resourse Use When the Capacity of the Inexhaustible Substitute is Limited," Papers 96.431, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- repec:wea:econth:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaushik, P. D. & Singh, Nirvikar, 2004. "Information Technology and Broad-Based Development: Preliminary Lessons from North India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 591-607, April.
- Sebastian Coll, 2008. "The origins and evolution of democracy: an exercise in history from a constitutional economics approach," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 313-355, December.
- Touhami, A. & Martens, A., 1996. "Macroemesures in Computable General Equilibrium Models: a Probabilistic Treatment with an Application to Morocco," Cahiers de recherche 9621, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
More about this item
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:43:y:1999:i:3:p:595-619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.