Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- De Long, J Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 671-702, October.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," NBER Working Papers 4274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Esa Mangeloja, 2004. "Interrelationship of economic growth and regional religious properties," ERSA conference papers ersa04p94, European Regional Science Association.
- Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu, 2009.
"Globalization and economic inequality in the short and long run: The case of South Korea 1975-1995,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 62-68, January.
- Sumie & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2007. "Globalization and Economic Inequality in the Short and Long Run: The Case of South Korea 1975-1995," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-43, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Cooray, Arusha, 2011. "The role of the government in financial sector development," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 928-938, May.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2014.
"Mauritius: African Success Story,"
NBER Chapters, in: African Successes, Volume IV: Sustainable Growth, pages 295-342,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2010. "Mauritius: African Success Story," Working Paper Series rwp10-036, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2010. "Mauritius: African Success Story," Scholarly Articles 4450110, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2010. "Mauritius: African Success Story," NBER Working Papers 16569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2012. "Mauritius: African Success Story," CID Working Papers 234, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Iamsiraroj, Sasi, 2016. "The foreign direct investment–economic growth nexus," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 116-133.
- Daniel Diermeier & Hulya Eraslan & Antonio Merlo, 2003. "The Effects of Constitutions on Coalition Governments in Parliamentary Democracies," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-037, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jing Xing, 2011. "Does tax structure affect economic growth? Empirical evidence from OECD countries," Working Papers 1120, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2008.
"Risky human capital investment, income distribution, and macroeconomic dynamics,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 19-42, March.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2003. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," IZA Discussion Papers 955, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Volker Grossmann, 2004. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_028, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Michael Adusei, 2016. "Does Entrepreneurship Promote Economic Growth in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 28(2), pages 201-214, June.
- Balima, Hippolyte Weneyam, 2020. "Coups d’état and the cost of debt," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 509-528.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Pakistan's Macroeconomic Adjustment and Resumption of Growth, 1999-2004," IMF Working Papers 2005/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Wang, Ke & Yang, Kexin & Wei, Yi-Ming & Zhang, Chi, 2018. "Shadow prices of direct and overall carbon emissions in China’s construction industry: A parametric directional distance function-based sensitive estimation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 180-193.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 291-313.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2009. "Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 19/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2009. "Market Structure, Welfare, and Banking Reform in China," Working Papers 302009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Lederman, Daniel & Saenz, Laura, 2005. "Innovation and development around the world, 1960-2000," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3774, The World Bank.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2018.
"Is Swaziland on a path of convergence towards her main trading partners?,"
88790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Phiri, 2018. "Is Swaziland on a path of convergence towards her main trading partners?," Working Papers 1830, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University.
- Alberto Chong, 2006. "Does It Matter How People Speak?," Research Department Publications 4489, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Stanley Fischer, 1991. "Growth, Macroeconomics, and Development," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 329-379, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Pineiro Chousa & Haider Ali Khan & Davit N. Melikyan & Artur Tamazian, 2005. "Institutional and Financial Determinants of Development: New Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Markets," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-326, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Jian-Guang Shen, 2002. "Democracy and growth: An alternative empirical approach," Development and Comp Systems 0212002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:faseco:3451302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.