The term-structure of investment and the banks' insurance function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1996. "The Term-Structure of Investment and the Banks' Insurance Function," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9606, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
References listed on IDEAS
- Valerie R. Bencivenga & Bruce D. Smith, 1991. "Financial Intermediation and Endogenous Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 195-209.
- Haubrich, Joseph G. & King, Robert G., 1990. "Banking and insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 361-386, December.
- Bhattacharya Sudipto & Thakor Anjan V., 1993. "Contemporary Banking Theory," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 2-50, October.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1994. "Liquidity provision, banking, and the allocation of interest rate risk," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1363-1389, August.
- Malinvaud, E., 1972. "The allocation of individual risks in large markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 312-328, April.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Jacklin, Charles J., 1993. "Market rate versus fixed rate demand deposits," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 237-258, November.
- Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 1995. "Long-Term Contracts, Short-Term Investment and Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 557-575.
- Engineer, Merwan, 1989. "Bank runs and the suspension of deposit convertibility," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 443-454, November.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Qi, Jianping, 1994. "Bank Liquidity and Stability in an Overlapping Generations Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(2), pages 389-417.
- Chari, V V & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1988. " Banking Panics, Information, and Rational Expectations Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 749-761, July.
- Bryant, John, 1980. "A model of reserves, bank runs, and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-344, December.
- Neil Wallace, 1988. "Another attempt to explain an illiquid banking system: the Diamond and Dybvig model with sequential service taken seriously," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 3-16.
- Neil Wallace, 1990. "A banking model in which partial suspension is best," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 11-23.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Güntner, Jochen H.F., 2015.
"The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 225-250.
- Jochen Güntner, 2013. "The federal funds market, excess reserves, and unconventional monetary policy," Economics working papers 2013-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Falko Fecht & Antoine Martin, 2009.
"Banks, markets, and efficiency,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 131-160, March.
- Falko Fecht & Antoine Martin, 2005. "Banks, markets, and efficiency," Staff Reports 210, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Falko Fecht & Antoine Martin, 2005. "Banks, Markets, and Efficiency," Finance 0507017, EconWPA.
- Fecht, Falko & Martin, Antoine, 2005. "Banks, markets, and efficiency," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2005,04, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:eee:mateco:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:96-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Zimper, 2013.
"Optimal Liquidity Provision Through a Demand Deposit Scheme: The Jacklin Critique Revisited,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(1), pages 89-107, February.
- Alexander Zimper, 2011. "Optimal liquidity provision through a demand deposit scheme: The Jacklin critique revisited," Working Papers 208, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Simas Kucinskas, 2015. "Liquidity Creation without Banks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-101/VI, Tinbergen Institute.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1999.
"Liquidity creation through banks and markets: Multiple insurance and limited market access,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 991-1006, April.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1998. "Liquidity Creation through Banks and Markets : Multiple Insurance and Limited Market Access," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9820, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Gersbachd, Hans, 1998. "Liquidity Creation, Efficiency, and Free Banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 91-118, January.
- Matias Fontenla, 2004. "Banks and Capital Inflows," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 272, Econometric Society.
More about this item
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:41:y:1997:i:7:p:1355-1374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.