Bank runs and the suspension of deposit convertibility
No abstract is available for this item.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2009.
"Bank Runs and Institutions: The Perils of Intervention,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1588-1607, September.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2007. "Bank runs and institutions : the perils of intervention," Working Paper 07-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Schumacher, Liliana, 2000. "Bank runs and currency run in a system without a safety net: Argentina and the 'tequila' shock," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 257-277, August.
- Bougheas, Spiros, 1999. "Contagious bank runs," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal, 2017. "Narrow Banking with Modern Depository Institutions: Is there a Reason to Panic?," Working Papers 955, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jarrow, Robert & Xu, Liheng, 2015. "Bank runs and self-insured bank deposits," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 180-189.
- Alonso, Irasema, 1996. "On avoiding bank runs," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 73-87, February.
- Todd Keister & Huberto M. Ennis, 2007. "Commitment and Equilibrium Bank Runs," 2007 Meeting Papers 509, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2007. "Commitment and equilibrium bank runs," Staff Reports 274, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd, 2010. "Banking panics and policy responses," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 404-419, May.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Todd Keister, 2006. "Banking Policy without Commitment: Suspension of Convertibility Taken Seriously," 2006 Meeting Papers 464, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bleaney, Michael & Bougheas, Spiros & Skamnelos, Ilias, 2008. "A model of the interactions between banking crises and currency crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 695-706, September.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 2002. "An incentive problem in the dynamic theory of banking," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 271-292, September.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 2000. "An Incentive Problem in the Dynamic Theory of Banking," FAME Research Paper Series rp25, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- François Marini, 1992. "Les fondements micro-économiques du concept de panique bancaire, une introduction," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 43(2), pages 301-326.
- Philippe Madiès, 2001. "Coassurance des dépôts et panique bancaire : une étude expérimentale," Post-Print halshs-00151511, HAL.
- Ioannis Lazopoulos, 2005. "Cycles And Banking Crisis," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 15, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- De Nicolo, Gianni, 1996. "Run-proof banking without suspension or deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 377-390, October.
- Carlson, Mark, 2005. "Causes of bank suspensions in the panic of 1893," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 56-80, January.
- Mark A. Carlson, 2002. "Causes of bank suspensions in the panic of 1893," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1997. "The term-structure of investment and the banks' insurance function," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1355-1374, July.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1996. "The Term-Structure of Investment and the Banks' Insurance Function," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9606, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Cipriani, Marco & Martin, Antoine & McCabe, Patrick E. & Parigi, Bruno, 2014. "Gates, Fees, and Preemptive Runs," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:moneco:v:24:y:1989:i:3:p:443-454. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed