Do time deposits prevent bank runs?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hellwig, Martin, 1994. "Liquidity provision, banking, and the allocation of interest rate risk," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1363-1389, August.
- Cooper, Russell & Ross, Thomas W., 1998. "Bank runs: Liquidity costs and investment distortions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 27-38, February.
- Neil Wallace, 1988. "Another attempt to explain an illiquid banking system: the Diamond and Dybvig model with sequential service taken seriously," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 3-16.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Yehning Chen, 1999. "Banking Panics: The Role of the First-Come, First-Served Rule and Information Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 946-968, October.
- Qi, Jianping, 1994. "Bank Liquidity and Stability in an Overlapping Generations Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(2), pages 389-417.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1998.
"Liquidity Creation through Banks and Markets : Multiple Insurance and Limited Market Access,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
9820, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1999. "Liquidity creation through banks and markets: Multiple insurance and limited market access," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 991-1006, April.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno, 1998.
"Contagion and Efficiency in Gross and Net Interbank Payment Systems,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-31, January.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi, 1996. "Contagion and efficiency in gross and net interbank payment systems," Economics Working Papers 176, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1996.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi, 1998. "Contagion and efficiency in gross and net interbank payment systems," Proceedings 592, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Douglas W. Diamond, .
"Liquidity, Banks and Markets,"
CRSP working papers
326, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1998. "Intermediated versus Direct Investment: Optimal Liquidity Provision and Dynamic Incentive Compatibility," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 177-197, April.
- Neil Wallace, 1996. "Narrow banking meets the Diamond-Dybvig model," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 3-13.
- Jacklin, Charles J & Bhattacharya, Sudipto, 1988. "Distinguishing Panics and Information-Based Bank Runs: Welfare and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 568-92, June.
- Theodosios Temzelides, 1995.
"Evolution, coordination, and banking panics,"
95-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Denise Hazlett, 1997. "Deposit insurance and regulation in a Diamond-Dybvig banking model with a risky technology (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(3), pages 453-470.
- Neil Wallace, 1990. "A banking model in which partial suspension is best," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 11-23.
- Alonso, Irasema, 1996. "On avoiding bank runs," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 73-87, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:12:y:2002:i:1:p:19-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.