Do time deposits prevent bank runs?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 12 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neil Wallace, 1996. "Narrow banking meets the Diamond-Dybvig model," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 3-13.
- Yehning Chen, 1999. "Banking Panics: The Role of the First-Come, First-Served Rule and Information Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 946-968, October.
- Denise Hazlett, 1997. "Deposit insurance and regulation in a Diamond-Dybvig banking model with a risky technology (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 9(3), pages 453-470.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1999.
"Liquidity creation through banks and markets: Multiple insurance and limited market access,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 991-1006, April.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 1998. "Liquidity Creation through Banks and Markets : Multiple Insurance and Limited Market Access," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9820, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Alonso, Irasema, 1996. "On avoiding bank runs," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 73-87, February.
- Theodosios Temzelides, 1995.
"Evolution, coordination, and banking panics,"
95-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Cooper, Russell & Ross, Thomas W., 1998. "Bank runs: Liquidity costs and investment distortions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 27-38, February.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno, 1998.
"Contagion and Efficiency in Gross and Net Interbank Payment Systems,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-31, January.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi, 1998. "Contagion and efficiency in gross and net interbank payment systems," Proceedings 592, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi, 1996. "Contagion and efficiency in gross and net interbank payment systems," Economics Working Papers 176, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1996.
- Douglas W. Diamond, .
"Liquidity, Banks and Markets,"
CRSP working papers
326, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1994. "Liquidity provision, banking, and the allocation of interest rate risk," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1363-1389, August.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1998. "Intermediated versus Direct Investment: Optimal Liquidity Provision and Dynamic Incentive Compatibility," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 177-197, April.
- Jacklin, Charles J & Bhattacharya, Sudipto, 1988. "Distinguishing Panics and Information-Based Bank Runs: Welfare and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 568-92, June.
- Neil Wallace, 1990. "A banking model in which partial suspension is best," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 11-23.
- Qi, Jianping, 1994. "Bank Liquidity and Stability in an Overlapping Generations Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(2), pages 389-417.
- Neil Wallace, 1988. "Another attempt to explain an illiquid banking system: the Diamond and Dybvig model with sequential service taken seriously," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 3-16.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:12:y:2002:i:1:p:19-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.